APJ Trade Controls Specialist
Global Trade EMEA Controls – Valuation lead
HP Global Trade (GT) is a compliance function responsible to ensure HP compliance with all Export and Import laws and regulations of the countries in which HP operates. GT is part of the Finance function and reports into the HP Corporate Controller. GT develops all HP policies related to Export and Import and partners with the businesses to ensure compliance with those policies. GT also develops and provides relevant training courses to HP employees to increase their awareness and effectiveness at ensuring trade compliance.
Unique mastery and recognized authority on relevant subject matter knowledge including technologies, theories and techniques. Contributes to the development of innovative principles and ideas. Successfully operates in the most complex disciplines, in which the company must operate to be successful. Provides highly innovative solutions. Leads large, cross-division functional teams or projects that affect the organizations long-term goals and objectives. May participate in cross-division, multi-function teams. Provides mentoring and guidance to lower level employees. Routinely exercises independent judgment in developing methods, techniques and criteria for achieving objectives. Develops strategy and sets functional policy and direction. Acts as a functional manager within area of expertise but does not manage other employees as a primary job function.
This position reports to the GT Controls Manager - EMEA. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Apply WTO Customs Valuation methodologies to the businesses programs and processes
- Design, develop and lead initiatives and investigations in understanding the organizations costs and valuation processes
- Implementation of Global Trade's key projects and programs around customs valuation
- Facilitate and enhance business processes and trade activities, while interacting pro-actively with the business and global functions.
- Ability to defend company's transaction value in the event of external audits/challenges
- Provide consultation to individual businesses or functional areas on customs/transaction value related topic
- Assess trends in regional regulatory space related to customs valuation and transfer pricing.
- Leads broad range of complex/large business projects including but not limited to supply chain projects, business models etc. especially having import/export compliance impacts.
- Investigate potential/actual incidents working with the BU to identify root cause, determine corrective actions, and follow up to ensure closure.
- Provides leadership in management of and responses to inquiries/audits from government agencies.
- Work cross functionally and flexible working hours to meet business needs of a Global organization.
- Recognized internally and externally as an industry expert; seen as thought leader within the organization
- Training: Provide input to training materials and offer trainings
- Available for occasional meetings with colleagues in other regions/time zones
Education and Experience Required
- First level university degree or equivalent experience, advanced university degree preferred, OR
- Approved Broker license and/or 10 years of professional expertise in the area of Global Trade specializing in intercompany transactions, preferably with a large multi-national corporation or import service provider
- Must have in depth knowledge of World Trade Organization's Customs Valuation methodologies.
- Excellent Project Management and Excel expertise
- Audit/assessment experience a plus
Knowledge and Skills Required
- Advanced understanding of customs valuation methodologies and familiar with OECD and BEPs impact
- Ability to identify and create analytical tools, models and methods for making key decisions
- Advanced communication and influencing skills; mastery in English
- Advanced internal and external relationship management skills
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of Microsoft Office skills (Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, etc.)
- Project management skills, with capability to lead cross functional teams in multiple geographies that impact the organization
- Business acumen and technical knowledge within area of responsibility
- Advanced understanding Customs value topics
- Team player who is willing to take on a variety of tasks and lead the team where necessary
- Time management skills to enable efficient completion of multiple tasks/assignments
- Recognize high priority issues and address or escalate accordingly
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Elizabeth focuses on the HP consumer experience, scaling best practices across premium consumer notebooks, testing products before public release, and crafting the compelling story of their design and performance for press workshops.
Back to top