Analytical Chemistry - Materials Science Intern
At HP, talent is our criteria. Join us in reinventing the standard for diversity and inclusion. Bring your awesomeness, and just be you!
At HP Inc., we exist to amaze through the people we hire, the experiences we enable, the way we treat our customers and each other, and ultimately through the technology we create.
Ourprintingtechnologiesexpandacrossawiderangeofmarkets including commercial,industrial, and 3D printing.Thesemarketspresentnewopportunitiesformulti-disciplinaryinnovations - inkandmediaformulation,print heads, 3D printing powders and agents, micro-fluidics, and thermal sciences. San Diego Analytical Laboratories (SDAL) is a place for creative minds with the drive, energy, and inspiration to collaborate with our partners to expandprintingtechnologiestonewmarketsandnewapplications.
HP has an opening for an Analytical Chemistry/ Materials Science Intern or post-doc Intern in San Diego Analytical Laboratories (SDAL).In this position, you will utilize various analytical techniques and state-of-art instrumentations and work with various R&D Engineers/Chemists and Analytical Scientists to develop and implement chemical and materials characterization methods and resolve technical issues using lean problem-solving methodology in support of new printing technologies and products development, including packaging inks, Textile, Latex inks, 3D printing powders and agents, LEP materials, Media, and Print Heads etc.
- Working in a team environment supporting new product development and stabilization efforts
- Reveal characteristic features through sample preparation and method development
- Develop proficiency in using analytical instrumentations in the areas of thermal analysis tools (TGA, DSC, DMA, TMA), rheometer, XRD, SEM, EDX, AFM, separation science tools (GC, LC, GPC, CE), spectroscopy, and mass spectrometry etc.
- Conduct analytical analysis of specified samples using the appropriate analytical instruments, collect and analyze the data using the scientific data analysis method, well document the results and work with partners to resolve the technical challenges and issues
- Communicate effectively with management, coworkers, partners, and suppliers
- Ensure that all work carried out conforms with EHS requirements
- Working towards or already achieved a Ph.D. degree in Chemistry, Analytical Chemistry, or Materials Science
- No industrial laboratory experience is required, although working experience in an industrial or academic research environment is desired.
- Demonstrated ability of strong analytical technical skills and fundamental understanding of analytical chemistry or materials science
- Demonstrated ability to work independently to achieve desired results from general objectives
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in both verbal and written formats
- Demonstrated ability to document summary reports and presentations.
Back to top