America’s Search Marketing Manager (People Manager) – Google Adwords and Google Shopping
- Vancouver, WA
E-commerce is both growing rapidly and redefining the way we shop and buy. In the online space, the Search Engine Results Page (SERP) is the new "digital shelf" and this role will play a critical role in optimizing our presence on that shelf.
This role will lead the America's Search implementation Center of Excellence (COE) Team that operates at the intersection of Digital Marketing, E-commerce and HP's product category.
The successful candidate will play a leadership role in elevating Search coverage, Return on Ad Spend (ROAS) and, ultimately, market share for HP's products through the proactive and effective execution of both paid text (Google Adwords) and product (Google Shopping/Product Listing Ads) search engine advertising.
A team leader and direct people manager for HP's implementation of search for all countries within the Americas.
We are looking for a smart, high-energy, collaborative team leader with a willingness to educate and desire to elevate the performance not just of HP search, but our direct team, internal partners, and channel partners as a whole. Managing the day-to-day delivery of Paid Search/Pay Per Click (PPC) campaigns includes but is not limited to: account setup, campaign setup, keywords selection and expansion, product feed optimization, audience segmentation's, negative keyword governance, website and category exclusions, ad creative (including writing, managing translation processes, testing ad copy and ad extensions), landing page revisions and working with channel partners to elevate their search coverage for HP cartridges.
- Execute the paid search programs for HP Products, including planning, budget, pacing and reporting. Responsible for all facets of day-to-day management including campaign set-up, keyword research/build-outs, ad copy writing, translations, testing, bid management, landing page selection/optimization, and product feed optimization.
- Manage paid search campaigns across multiple engines and ensure program specific coverage and ROI goals are being met within budget.
- Maintain alignment with promotional calendar, ensuring that ad copy and spend is consistent with goals.
- Develop and maintain reporting on all levels of data from keyword to campaign for ROI and coverage metrics.
- Work closely with HP Store, Category and Marketing teams at the country and regional level to ensure strategic and tactical alignment.
- Analyze campaigns and translate anecdotal and qualitative data into tests and campaign revisions.
- Stay current with paid search forecasts, trends, best practices, bid management systems, tools and industry research.
- 5 Years + team and people management experience
- Strong critical thinking skills with an analytical orientation and attention to detail
- Self-directed with a passion for learning, automating, and sharing knowledge
- Ability to work in a matrix-ed environment with roles and responsibilities that can be fluid
- Very strong teamwork orientation
- Ability to work with all teams across multiple time zones
- Enjoys working with data, gathering insights and executing next steps accordingly
- Advanced Excel/Data base capabilities and strong proficiency with Powerpoint
- Agency or Agency management experience
- Fluency in English
Desired knowledge or capabilities
- Experience executing paid search (pay per click/PPC) placements including SEM (text ads/Adwords), and Google Shopping/Product Listing Ads (PLA).
- Knowledge of paid search engine advertising tools (Google, Bing, Yahoo) and bid management systems (Adwords, DoubleClick, Google Analytics, Tag Manager etc.)
- Proficiency with Search reporting tools (DoubleClick, Google Analytics, SEMRush, etc.)
- Proficiency and ownership of feed management as it relates to search engine marketing and product listing ad, including feed hosting platforms, updates, troubleshooting and ongoing feed audits
- Knowledge of both local (within their country/region) and global search engine trends
- Understand key e-commerce events and seasonal trends that could impact the overall digital marketing industry.
- Ability to analyze current HP Partner online infrastructure and provide recommendations meant to improve overall HP brand coverage metrics
- Strong understanding of Google Organic Search Engine Optimization, Amazon advertising, and Amazon product page optimization
- Multi-lingual capability a big plus (Spanish, French, or Portuguese)
Back to top