Africa Customer Support Operations Manager
At HP, talent is our criteria. Join us in reinventing the standard for diversity and inclusion. Bring your awesomeness, and just be you!
HP South Africa is looking for its new high-energy Customer Support Operations Manager to drive our successful business in the Africa region. Your key responsibilities will include performing business analysis, identifying root cause and developing recommendations/ solutions to drive business improvements. In addition in this role you will be able to provides mentoring and guidance to peers and lower level employees, including as well:
Africa Operation Management
- Manage Operational Performance of major supplier in the region and Africa direct delivery. Provide performance package for Cross Functional Teams and support Country Support Manager in preparation for Central Eastern Europe Middle East & Africa (CEMA) Cross Functional Teams.
- Deep dive into offsite performance incl. structural issues. Work with other delivery functions to bridge gaps. Trigger and drive projects for performance/process improvements
- Identify Corrective Action Plan (CAP) requirements. Implement actions to meet Level 4/Level 3 (L4/L3) metrics goals. Understand impact from other delivery functions & influence their actions to achieve offsite delivery goals
- Take responsibility for Case Closure and Backlog/Loan management with suppliers to prevent financial exposure.
- Be Special Point of Contact for suppliers for operational topics
- Manage Supplier performance through regular meetings (monitoring and reporting of performance, ensure CAP & Recovery Plan in place & executed, structural/process issues addressed with suppliers)
- Ensure delivery quality and compliance with suppliers e.g. audits/assessments, closely cooperation with Fraud team as needed
- Ensure supplier readiness for New Product Introduction / New Service Introduction and track supplier Training & Certification compliance
- Facilitate and lead E2E communication platform for Direct Suppliers (Contact Center, Offsite, SC) to reinforce E2E collaboration and best practice sharing where applicable if local ecosystem
- Ensure correct supplier system setup and access to HP tools
- Act as escalation point for operational issues
- Lead technical escalations and manage through elevation process. Drive interlink with Business Escalations team and support customer communication as needed
- Review all escalations/elevationsE2E on regular basis as part of backlog management
Education and Skills Required:
- 8+ years to establish proven track record in Service Business Management
- Degree in Engineering / Business preferred
- Medium to high knowledge of IT and services industry
- Lean Six Sigma experience / certification preferred
- Supplier/operational/supply chain experience preferred
- Problem detection and analysis of root cause
- Proven ability to lead teams to achieve results, exercise independent judgment and handle unique situations to accomplish goals in tight time frames
- Demonstrated skills in planning and financial analysis
- Medium level of planning, project management and change management skills. Project and change management training and certification as appropriate
- Good presentation skills. Ability to influence different functions, geographies, and the ability to build strong consensus. Impacts internal and external clients on worldwide basis.
Preference will be given to members from designated groups, i.e. EE in accordance with the Employment Equity Act. However, this does not suggest that the process of recruitment excludes members from non-designated groups.)
Back to top