Advanced Supply Chain Planning Analyst
- Boise, ID
Applies advanced subject matter knowledge to solve complex business issues and is regarded as a subject matter expert. Frequently contributes to the development of new ideas and methods. Works on complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of multiple factors. Leads and/or provides expertise to functional project teams and may participate in cross-functional initiatives. Acts as an expert providing direction and guidance to process improvements and establishing policies. Frequently represents the organization to external customers/clients. Exercises significant independent judgment within broadly defined policies and practices to determine best method for accomplishing work and achieving objectives. May provide mentoring and guidance to lower level employees.
- Leads a broad range of complex supply chain processes, such as inventory analysis and planning, demand planning, import/export operations, and sales and operations planning (SOP).
- Identifies opportunities for process improvement and leads/develops recommendations and provides insight for management.
- Independently executes complex demand and supply matching activities, connecting planning to execution, and identifying issues and their impact.
- Works cross-functionally to prioritize backlog.
- Partners with global business units and supply bases to generate and deliver demand signals.
- Leads cross-functional regional and global business unit planning teams to maintain and enhance the current business processes.
- Defines and reviews performance metrics on a regular basis, identifying opportunities for improvement actions to address.
- Participates as a senior member of team of other data science engineers carrying out the investigation, design, development, execution, and implementation of data science projects to generate new insights, products, technologies, and intellectual property.
- Creates extensive plans, data collection and analysis procedures and data insight visualizations for assigned projects.
- Collaborates with internal and external partners to perform experiments and validations in accordance with overall plan.
- Collaborates with SMEs to develop procedures for collecting, recording, analyzing, and communicating data for review and feedback.
- Prepares literature and presentations for peer review, publication, and delivery at industry and scientific events and conferences; creates patent applications and supporting documentation. Drives innovation and integration of new Data Science related technologies and practices into projects and activities in the R&D organizations.
- Provides guidance and mentoring to less- experienced staff members.
Knowledge & Skills
- Excellent understanding of supply chain processes (plan, source, make deliver).
- Identifies cutting edge analytical tools, models and methods for making key business decisions.
- Excellent communication and influencing skills; mastery in English and local language.
- Excellent internal and external relationship management skills.
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of how to analyze business problems using Advanced Microsoft Office skills (Excel, PowerPoint, etc.), statistical analysis, and financial modeling.
- Very Strong project management skills, with capability to manage cross functional teams in multiple geographies.
- Strong business acumen and technical knowledge within area of responsibility.
- Very strong understanding of HP's overall supply chain strategy.
- Extensive use of scientific design and data collection methodologies, tools and analysis packages to collect, validate, and analyze research data.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Application and implementation of experimental design, scientific procedures and processes, and data analysis.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; mastery in English and local language.
- Ability to effectively communicate research plans, proposals, and results, and negotiate options at senior management levels.
Scope & Impact
- Collaborates with peers, junior data scientists and engineers, SMEs and external and internal research and product development partners.
- Typically interacts with high-level Individual Contributors, Managers and Program Core Teams.
- Participates in projects requiring data science engineering.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor's, Master's or PHD degree in Mathematics, Economics, Physics, Computer Science, or equivalent.
- Typically 6-10 years' experience including graduate or postgraduate research.
Back to top