At HP, talent is our criteria. Join us in reinventing the standard for diversity and inclusion. Bring your awesomeness, and just be you!
Applies extensive knowledge the job skills, company policies and procedures to complete complex, specialized assignments/tasks in creative and effective ways. Comprehensive understanding of the general/technical aspects of the job. Works on assignments that are complex in nature and require considerable judgment, initiative, and technical/specialized knowledge to resolve problems and/or develop recommended solutions. Work is completed with minimal supervision and assignments may be completed without established procedures. May determine methods and procedures for new assignments. Typically provides guidance to other non- exempt employees.
- Responsible for performing general administrative support tasks involved in an organization.
- Responsibilities include assisting supervisory and non- supervisory employees with various administrative support tasks.
- These tasks may include, but are not limited to, general filing and records maintenance, compiling data for reports, assisting with administrative tasks associated with the cost center(s) budget(s), scheduling appointments and meetings, calendar maintenance for one or more employees, answering/screening telephone calls, preparing expense reports, preparing/editing presentations, making travel arrangements, distributing mail, greeting/escorting visitors, assisting new employees, duplicating, and other established general administrative tasks.
- Coordinates work within the work unit and with other work units/departments, both internal and possibly external to the company.
- May assist in supporting the general administrative work for one or more professional employees other than the direct supervisor.
- The work performed by these employees is predominately general administrative in nature, as opposed to specific administrative tasks that are directly related to a specialty functions e.g., marketing, engineering, human resources, etc.
Education and Experience Required:
- High school education or equivalent; some college level education preferred.
- Typically requires a minimum of 5+ years general administrative experience, or equivalent combination of experience and college level education.
Type of Experience Needed:
- Senior/advanced general administrative skills/ knowledge of most general administrative issues.
- Usually works with multiple issues/projects and has the experience/ability to support multiple employees' general administrative needs.
- Regarded as the key general administrative employee of the work unit/department and is a primary general administrative employee in the department/division.
- Specific advanced level of software skills as required by the work unit/department.
Back to top