Additive Manufacturing Production Engineer
The HP Barcelona site is responsible for the Research and Product Development and Operations of 3D Printers.
We are looking for a Production Engineer of our 3D MJF Benchmarks. He/she will manage the best engineering practices in a Manufacturing Partner (MPa) where we are printing 3D parts for internal/external customers using a wide knowledge. He/she will be aware of the management challenges related to production. The main goal is to accomplish the production process in the smoothest, most-judicious and most-economic way.
The selected candidate will be part of the Operations team for 3D MJF Benchmarks. He/she will partner with R&D, NPI and MPa teams to successfully deliver new 3D parts as world-wide production.
- Production Management:
- The successful candidate will be responsible for the Production Operations of 3D MJF Benchmark in Barcelona and Vancouver.
- It involves staffing, training and personnel deployment to carry out the manufacturing activities in accordance to procedures.
- In partnership with the various functional teams, expected deliverables include the following:
- Manage and execute the 3D Plant day-to-day Operations set-up per scope, cost and schedule. This include Production, Maintenance, QC (audits, SPC and Metrology), and Documentation.
- Lead the Operations team for process, materials, QC, safety, regulatory approvals and equipment knowledge transfer from the HP team to the MPa.
In collaboration with internal HP/MPa teams, the role entails the following:
- Hire and manage the Operations team for Production, Maintenance and QC functions in line with the volume demands.
- Plan and coordinate production engineering processes on daily basis to produce high quality parts printed.
- Develop process improvements to effectively utilize equipment and materials to maximize production.
- Develop the operations team for capability, capacity, productivity and leadership growth. Implement best practice such as Kaizen and Lean Manufacturing principles.
- Evaluate current production activities and make recommendations for improvements.
- Develop operational strategies to achieve production and financial objectives.
- Deliver the Operations metrics on availability, cost, quality, productivity and safety.
- Meet or exceed the availability, cost, quality and safety expectations for 3D parts printed there. Ensure QC and QA processes are well executed.
- Implement cost reduction initiatives while maintaining high quality standards.
- Identify unsafe operations and practices and report the same to Quality Manager immediately.
- Stay current with product specifications, engineering technology and production processes.
- Perform engineering analysis to reduce downtime and outages.
- Hold regular engagement and alignment with the internal teams.
- Establish safety procedures and environmental regulations for employees.
- Develop operating instructions and equipment specifications for production activities.
- Provides training and guidance to team members to accomplish production goals.
- Execute new product introductions, from resource planning to rollout and MR.
Education and Experience:
- Diploma or Bachelor degree in Operations, Engineering or Business related field.
- 2-6 years of experience in factories or process/production control related within Operations or Quality departments.
- Experience or knowledge on production principles, process equipment functions, quality systems, QC & QA, training and development and resource planning is preferred.
- Preferable knowledge: lean mfg, kaizen, 6 sigma, black belt...
- Familiar with DOE, data/statistical analysis, mathematical modeling and quality assurance techniques.
Skills and Competencies:
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills for technically complex issues.
- Strong drive to make things happens. Able to make decisions taking thoughtful risks.
- Able to influence on stakeholders to get alignment towards common goals.
- Able to work collaboratively with teams from other disciplines, cultures and worldwide organizations.
- Excellent in communications. Fluent spoken and written English.
- Eager to learn. Proactive, self-motivated and positive.
- IT skills are highly valued.
- Job may require some traveling to Vancouver Benchmark site.
Back to top