Account Service Manager
Applies intermediate level of subject matter knowledge to solve a variety of common business issues. Works on problems of moderately complex scope. Acts as an informed team member providing analysis of information and limited project direction input. Exercises independent judgment within defined practices and procedures to determine appropriate action. Follows established guidelines and interprets policies. Evaluates unique circumstances and makes recommendations.
- Apply technical knowledge to operate a technology area (e.g. server administration, technical security management, performance management) or customer group with moderate risk/complexity.
- Integrate technical knowledge and business understanding to create solutions for customers.
- Resolve most technical incidents independently within your technical area. Work with team members to resolve more complex or cross-technology incidents.
- Identify potential escalations and alert management proactively.
- Begin to proactively and reactively provide solutions to prevent problems from occurring in area of responsibility.
- Apply HP solutions to meet moderately complex customer needs within area(s) of technical responsibility.
- Balance internal needs with customer needs within defined parameters.
- May identify additional services that could lead to future service revenue growth.
- May provide technical consulting during contract renewal discussions.
- Build strong relationship with management in assigned accounts.
- Influence delivery decisions on assigned account plans.
- Drive Customer Expectation management as part of escalation process.
- Manage small projects/programs in the team.
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor's degree preferred or Associate degree holder (technical field) with 4-6 years working experience in related fields desired.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Broad knowledge of HP products and services offerings.
- Basic knowledge of corporate organization, job, and policies.
- Comprehensive business, technical, or functional knowledge.
- Well versed in core technical competencies (OS, networking, core HP applications).
- Communicate effectively and tactfully to technical level, first- and middle-level management within an organization.
- Active listening skills and ability to adjust messages to audience level.
- Problem-solving skills (proactive, reactive and creative).
- Able to identify alternative actions, sets appropriate priorities and identifies creative and practical solutions.
- Technical background or significant technical understanding to communicate with customers and technicians for problem determination and solution implementation.
- Basic project management, communication, and analytical skills.
- Able to suggest operational efficiencies.
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Elizabeth focuses on the HP consumer experience, scaling best practices across premium consumer notebooks, testing products before public release, and crafting the compelling story of their design and performance for press workshops.
Back to top