3rd Party Vendor Segment Management
The Vendors (3rd Party) Segment Management owns the end to end vendor qualifications and or works with the different divisions to select and qualify support vendors, Service SLA design, Contract negotiations, relevant training setup, updates, terminations, performance review and system setup. Expert at this level should expect hand's on vendors qualifications and selection, contract negotiations, be the primary legal interface, provide in depth contracting expertise and knowledge on contracts-related terms.
Accountable for the terms and conditions of all strategic supplier relationships. Responsible for the development of all terms negotiation plans, leading all terms negotiations, interfacing with the legal department on contract interpretations, and communicating risk positions and analysis to the business unit decision makers.
Subject Matter Expert (SME):
risk mitigation, compliance and training, Insurance, MADO, Labor legislation intelligence are examples of subjects that will be part of the SME responsibility.
May be asked to assist with strategic projects. Ability to prepare and deliver materials, lead moderate to complex negotiations, take part in strategy sessions are key requirements.
Accountable for the development of customized and simplified contract templates. At this level, will have a key role in creating and implementing new contract clauses and supporting documentation.
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor's (undergraduate) or Master's (graduate) degree or equivalent experience
- Typically 4-6 years of experience in a business administration
- Work with competing priorities and manage multiple tasks
- Work on self-directed activities with minimal supervision
- Possesses a sense of urgency with ability to stay focused on goals and objectives
- Comprehensive understanding of services portfolios, vendor qualification processes, and contract types
- Extensive experience planning for and coordinating negotiations involving contract terms and conditions
- Demonstrated problem-solving ability
- Strong Team work, partnering skills and relationship building
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Fluent English and a second language is a plus
- Demonstrated analytical skills and strong process orientation
- Excellent communication skills, with ability to build and maintain strong internal/external relationships
- Expertise in identifying risk positions and the correlating contract terms
- Drafting of tailored contracts and contract terms solutions
- Application of cause and effect thinking
- Provide leadership in contract areas
- Stakeholder Negotiation & Commitment Building: collaborates effectively with others to ensure shared commitment to an enterprise and mutually beneficial results
- Process Management & Transformation: identifies process short-comings and works with others to improve or transform processes
- Problem Solving: Approaches problems in a rational manner using sound strategies that ensure comprehensive understanding and effective resolution
- Change Management: develops methods for supporting innovation and change across the organization
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Elizabeth focuses on the HP consumer experience, scaling best practices across premium consumer notebooks, testing products before public release, and crafting the compelling story of their design and performance for press workshops.
Back to top