3D WS Test Factory Manager
The HP Barcelona site is the worldwide headquarter for HP's Graphic Arts Business. It hosts the businesses of HP Large Format Printing and the newly created HP 3D printing, having the responsibility for the Research and Development (R&D), Marketing and Operations for them. Join a creative and dynamic R&D team working on leading edge printing technology! The selected candidate will be part of the 3D printing multi-disciplinary R&D team located in Barcelona but with strong collaborations with international locations.
The 3D objective to drive the 4th industrial revolution through transforming how plastic manufacturing is done will include work to better understand how factory engineers can manage part quality control, while tuning and optimizing print quality and productivity.
We are looking for a Program Manager with the role to contribute to this objective through optimizing the HP Jet Fusion 3D end to end print systems internal to our development.
Applies advanced process development, process optimization, and process control knowledge to manage staff to deliver on for part quality test throughput and improvements in part quality predictability & control. Provides strong leadership on process improvements and recommends changes in alignment with business tactics and strategy for area of responsibility. Plans, manages and monitors operational/tactical activities of Staff.
- Directly manage engineering team in Barcelona and partner with Production Test team.
- Works across the 3D organization with similar teams in USA to improve our capability to run WS Test Factories effectively.
- Utilize process improvement and process control best practices and approaches, leverages learnings across programs, to increase 3D Print System capability and predictability despite many sources of variation. Robustness is delivered to the full customer offering, utilizing experience from other disciplines and related activities. Characterizing and improving part quality robustness is a key responsibility of the WS Test Factory team.
- Manages headcount, deliverables, schedules, and costs for multiple ongoing projects, ensuring that resources are appropriately allocated and that goals, objectives, timelines, and budgets are met in accordance with program and organizational roadmaps.
- Communicates project status and escalates issues to direct managers, program managers, and internal and external development partners.
- Proactively identifies opportunities for process improvement and cost reductions opportunities.
- Develop an atmosphere of continuous improvement and "Best in Class" processes and systems.
- Provide technical leadership where necessary to drive development / improvement in the part quality robustness ensuring successful delivery of product objectives and timelines.
- Collaborate with the team to develop more effective and relevant part quality metrics/goals and user needs clarification
- Provide technical support and consultancy on process optimization to other team members and mgmt. staff in your areas of competence sharing tools and skills to grow the skills/knowledge of the organization as a whole.
- Maintain linkages into all partner organizations for product development
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Engineering or Science discipline
- Fluent in English
- Ability to lead and develop technical teams and drive for results
- Strong, demonstrated interpersonal relationship, teamwork and communication skills
- Proven ability to lead and adapt in a dynamic environment and collaborate across complex worldwide organizational structures.
- Previous process engineering management experience desired in areas like Si Fab, pharmaceuticals, process intensive manufacturing.
- Ability to influence senior leaders and key partners to VP level.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain strong, effective relationships across geographies, cultures, and time zones.
- Typically 5 or more years of related work experience, including 0 -2 years of people-management experience.
- 3D printing or print systems previous knowledge and experience will be valued.
What do we offer:
You will be working from our main EMEA Headquarters in Sant Cugat (Barcelona), with worldwide responsibility regarding the R&D and business aspects of 3D and Large Format Printing. That is why we will make sure you enjoy a great work environment, amazing facilities and an innovative and technology focused atmosphere. Not only this, but as an HP employee, you will enjoy many different benefits, such as:
- Flexible working schedule.
- Ticket restaurants and a big canteen with daily menu.
- Free parking and sports facilities at the Site.
- Private health and life insurance.
- Childcare provisions.
- Training and Development.
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Elizabeth focuses on the HP consumer experience, scaling best practices across premium consumer notebooks, testing products before public release, and crafting the compelling story of their design and performance for press workshops.
Back to top