3D SW Architect Master position
The HP Barcelona site is the worldwide headquarter for HP's Graphic Arts Business. It hosts the businesses of HP Large Format Printing and the newly created HP 3D printing, having the responsibility for the Research and Development (R&D), Marketing and Operations for them. Join a creative and dynamic R&D team working on leading edge printing technology! The selected candidate will be part of the 3D printing multi-disciplinary R&D team located in Barcelona but with strong collaborations with international locations.
The 3D objective to drive the 4th industrial revolution through transforming how plastic manufacturing is done will include work to better understand how factory engineers can manage part quality control, while tuning and optimizing print quality and productivity.
We are looking for a SW architect responsible for defining the strategy for the near print SW components, which works together with Multi Jet Fusion printer and processing station HW in order to generate and send print jobs as well as monitor and manage the HW components.
After defining the strategy together with other SW-FW architects and managers within the organization, this person to define the best architecture and SW technologies required to develop such SW components in conjunction with other SW solutions and services within the 3D Printing HP Multi Jet Fusion ecosystem.
Key responsibilities include:
Lead the 3D near print SW platform
- Contribute to the Software architecture definition for every position in the 3D portfolio, working with the product FW and cloud services SW teams.
- Lead the near print software platform for 3D products. This includes not only the 3D printers but also the Build Unit and the Processing Station.
- Lead the 3D data pipeline, collaborating with 3DP WS and FW teams, HP Labs and other research organizations to fulfill the 3D requirements.
- Ensure continuous alignment with the SW and Services platform stakeholders to warrant 3D requirements are considered and fragmentation is prevented.
- Define, evolve, align and support the Multi Jet Fusion system public and private interfaces to support internal and external customer SW requirements
- Collaboration with 3rd party SW OEMs to assess their asset capabilities and unique value they may contribute into the complete ecosystem, enabling a seamless integration with our HW and SW assets.
- Identify and track new SW startup companies that may provide a key and sustainable differentiation to our products in terms of SW pipeline in order to drive the voxel by voxel capabilities our technology has.
- Sponsor together with other key members of the technical community the deployment of best practices and processes across the technical community and the standardization of such behaviors.
- Be a role model for the Software community, develop others ensuring that the business context of technical decisions is understood.
Technologic linkage beyond the SW
- Work with the rest of technical leads in the HW and SW 3D organization to ensure technology assets meet current and future business needs.
- Work with other masters in the HW and FW areas to ensure other technology assets integrate seamlessly with the software.
- Work with the HP focal points in standard committees, such as 3MF, to ensure HP requirements are properly represented and prioritized.
- Provide technical leadership where necessary to drive development / improvement in the product development lifecycle ensuring successful delivery of product objectives and timelines.
- Provide technical support and consultancy on HW and SW development to other team members and mgmt. staff in your areas of competence sharing tools and skills to grow the skills/knowledge of the organization as a whole.
- Maintain linkages into all partner organizations for product development
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Engineering or Science discipline
- Fluent in English
- Ability to lead and develop technical teams and drive for results
- Strong, demonstrated interpersonal relationship, teamwork and communication skills
- Proven ability to lead and adapt in a dynamic environment and collaborate across complex worldwide organizational structures.
- Ability to influence senior leaders and key partners to VP level.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain strong, effective relationships across geographies, cultures, and time zones.
- Typically 5 or more years of related work experience.
- 3D printing or print systems previous knowledge and experience will be valued.
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Elizabeth focuses on the HP consumer experience, scaling best practices across premium consumer notebooks, testing products before public release, and crafting the compelling story of their design and performance for press workshops.
Back to top