3D R&D Programmer WS Engineer
Writing System Engineers play lead roles in multi-discipline teams (computer scientists, scientists and mechanical, chemical, electrical engineers) working on new product development and solutions for printing and imaging.
As a programmer in the group you will utilize best FW/SW programming practices and approaches to solve or diagnose system issues, leveraging these models algorithms and tools across new product developments, such that solutions are flexible and scalable across products and systems.
Develop an atmosphere of continuous improvement and "Best in Class" processes and systems.
Provide technical leadership where necessary to drive development / improvement in the system designs to ensure successful delivery of product objectives and timelines.
Duties and Responsibilities
The job content will include the following responsibilities:
- As a programmer in the group you will define, design, implement, test, and/or validate algorithms, models, calibrations and/or SW tools that help deliver optimized 3D printed part quality, throughput, and reliability for our printers.
- You will work with other engineers to develop SW solutions, tools and algorithms to diagnose better possible image quality, throughput and reliability issues and understand better the data that our multiple sensors provide.
- You will also develop and integrate new algorithms and calibrations to decrease printer variability and overcome quality issues running your code in prototypes when needed to answer key feasibility questions.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with other engineers and other teams and collaborate to develop more effective and relevant part quality related diagnostics, troubleshooting processes and calibration user interfaces
- Provide technical support and consultancy to other team members and mgmt. staff in your area of competence (SW/FW) sharing tools and skills to grow these skills/knowledge to the rest of the organization as a whole.
- Contribute in cross disciplinary task forces as needed. Partner and support development activities
- Bachelor's, Master's, or PhD. degree in an Computer Science, Image Processing or related disciplines
- Proven experience using programming languages (Python, C), Matlab and/or recognition and image processing tools.
- Advanced mathematical modeling skills and/or knowledge or exposure to sensor technology.
- Familiar with data/statistical analysis techniques. Interest big data analytics, technologies and data analysis tools
- High level of analytical problem solving and decision making skills Hands on approach and proficient in experimental design.
- Results oriented and customer centric. Ability to translate data into information and quality improvement project. Ability to communicate technical data, issues and proposed solutions
- Fast learner. Proactive in acquiring autonomous knowledge in record time. Competency and skill growth focus. Independent judgment and ability to drive convergence and decisions
- Strong interpersonal relationship, teamwork, and communication skills. Fluent spoken and written English
- 3D printing or print systems previous knowledge and experience will be valued as well as new product development experience although it is not a must
What do we offer
You will be working from our main EMEA Headquarters in Sant Cugat (Barcelona), with worldwide responsibility regarding the R&D and business aspects of 3D and Large Format Printing. That is why we will make sure you enjoy a great work environment, amazing facilities and an innovative and technology focused atmosphere. Not only this, but as an HP employee, you will enjoy many different benefits, such as:
- Very flexible working schedule.
- Ticket restaurants and a big canteen with daily menu.
- Free parking and sports facilities at the Site.
- Private health and life insurance.
- Childcare provisions.
- Training and Development
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Elizabeth focuses on the HP consumer experience, scaling best practices across premium consumer notebooks, testing products before public release, and crafting the compelling story of their design and performance for press workshops.
Back to top