3D Printing R&D Writing Systems Engineer
At HP, talent is our criteria. Join us in reinventing the standard for diversity and inclusion. Bring your awesomeness, and just be you!
Primary functionsWriting System Engineers play lead roles in multi-disciplinary teams (mechanical, chemical, electrical and SW/FW) working on the design and validation of new products and solutions for 3D printing. As a WS you are asked to define, invent, implement, test and validate solutions, algorithms, designs and processes in order to deliver on HP 3D Part Quality needs and performance. You will improve nd contribute in the creation of systems and components that deliver optimized 3D printed part quality, throughput and reliability for our printers.Writing System Engineers utilize best practices and engineering/Scientific approaches to solve technical challenges and at the same time leverage leanings across disciplines, other product developments, and state of the art solutions from other industries. WS nurture and contribute to develop an atmosphere of continuous improvement and “Best in Class” processes and systems.WS Engineers provide technical leadership where necessary to drive development / improvement in the robustness of our solutions ensuring successful delivery of product objectives and timelines.Duties and ResponsibilitiesThe job content includes the following responsibilities:
- Design, develop, and optimize algorithms and calibrations for our new printers to deliver desired part quality, throughput and reliability. Understand, model and develop solutions for system performance issues that affect customer perceived part quality
- Understand, model, correct and develop engineering solutions for system performance issues that affect part quality including design flaw identification and correction, manufacturing variability issues control, technology limitations alternatives identification, etc.
- Understand fluids/material/heat transfer/and ME/EE?FW interaction issues
- Understand and develop solutions to compensate for mechanical tolerances, printing algorithms, and other interactions of system parameters that could affect customer perception of part quality.
- Develops and Integrates new algorithms to overcome quality issues. Set up, improve and run prototype hardware to answer key feasibility questions.
- Design and run reliability tests to maximize printer performance and maintain part quality over the life of the printer
- Develops and maintain effective working relationships with other disciplines (different engineering disciplines but also with marketing, customer assurance and operations...)
- Collaborate with the team to develop more effective and relevant part quality metrics/goals and user needs clarification
- Provide technical support and consultancy to other team members and mgmt. staff in your areas of competence sharing results, tools and methods to grow the skills/knowledge of the organization as a whole.
- Contribute in cross disciplinary task forces as needed. Partner and support development activities
- Bachelor's, Master's, or PhD. degree in an Engineering/Scientific and/or Computer Science related disciplines
- Fast learner. Proactive in acquiring autonomous knowledge in record time. Curiosity and superior proactivity, technical competency and skill growth focus.
- Independent judgment and ability to drive convergence and decisions
- Preferable experience: using programming languages (Python, C) and/or recognition and image processing knowledge and/or sensor technology and/or mathematical modeling skills
- High level of analytical problem solving and decision making skills
- Results oriented and customer centric. Ability to communicate technical data, issues and proposed solutions to different audiences
- Hands on approach and proficiency in experimental design. Familiar with DOE and data/statistical analysis techniques
- Strong interpersonal relationship, teamwork, and communication skills. Fluent spoken and written English
- Preferable understanding of project management tools, qualification techniques, etc, as utilized in an environment of product development and continuous improvement.
- 3D or Print systems previous knowledge and experience will be highly valued as well as new product development experience
Back to top