3D Printing R&D Software Engineer
The HP Barcelona site is the worldwide headquarter for HP's Graphic Arts Business. It hosts the HP Large Format Printing and 3D Printing Business, responsible for the Research and Development (R&D), Marketing and Operations of the full range of HP Large Format Printers, including HP Designjet and HP Latex products. Join a creative and dynamic R&D team working on leading edge printing technology!
We are looking for an experienced computer scientist or similar to work as software engineer on the R&D community in the HP 3D Printing division in Sant Cugat del Vallès, Spain. You will be part of a multidisciplinary team responsible for the design and delivery of new HP MultiJet Fusion printer and solutions.
As a Software engineer you are a member of the Host software team and you will be working with cross functional departments of the entire organization to deliver high quality HP 3D Printing products.
As a member of an agile team you participate in release and sprint planning meetings with a full agile team. You employ design patterns to develop application logic. You pair with other engineers to solve complex problems. You adopt organizational values and practices. You design micro-tests as part of test driven development.
- Work with Marketing and Human factors to define the requirements for the printing software application
- Align to the schedule needs given by the different program teams
- Define in a team the underlying interfaces to the responsible subsystems.
- Document the software specification where necessary in an agile manner
- Estimate, implement, troubleshoot, debug and unit test user requirements applying state of the art agile processes.
- Investigate, define and implement algorithms related to digital printing.
- Supervise the different testing activities; assure the full coverage of the software functionality. Eliminate redundancies.
- Act as a team member keeping informed the different program teams, software quality, technical writers on the changes in schedule, specifications or implementations that may affect their activities and deliverables.
- Review specifications, design and development documentation
- Act as a contact for technical writers regarding end user documentation.
- Support the roadmap of the software taking into account industry trends, business strategy as well as market evolution.
- Customer advocate.
Required education and overall experience:
- Master's degree in Computer Science, Telecommunication engineering or similar degree.
- Skills, abilities and knowledge required to perform the work
- Excellent teamwork, communication and leadership skills.
- Experience in full software development life cycle and modern methodologies (agile).
- Strong software development skills including Design Patterns/Antipatterns, Test driven development, test automation etc.
- Experience in user interface programming under Windows operating systems (e.g. WPF)
- Coding skills in C#, C++, .NET, COM
- Experience with tools such as source code control (e.g. SVN), MS Visual Studio, static code analysers (e.g FxCop), continuous integration, unit testing frameworks (e.g MSTest, NUnit, xUnit.net)
- Fluent English (spoken and written).
- Additional skills to be considered:
- Experience in 3D computational geometry, 3D CAD system design, 3D computer graphics and/or 3D numerical methods as a programmer.
- Experience on planning: schedule and test cases.
- Flexibility and good learning skills
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Elizabeth focuses on the HP consumer experience, scaling best practices across premium consumer notebooks, testing products before public release, and crafting the compelling story of their design and performance for press workshops.
Back to top