3D Printing R&D Mechanical Engineer
Business contextThe HP Barcelona site is the worldwide headquarter for HP's Graphic Arts Business. It hosts the businesses of HP Large Format Printing and the newly created HP 3D printing, having the responsibility for the Research and Development (R&D), Marketing and Operations for them. Join a creative and dynamic R&D team working on leading edge printing technology!The selected candidate will be part of the 3D printing multi-disciplinary R&D team located in Barcelona but with strong collaborations with international locations. This is an excellent opportunity to define and invent the future of 3D printing technology working within HP and external partners worldwide.Job DescriptionCurrently we are looking for a Mechanical Engineer to perform following tasks:
- Investigate concepts and propose solutions around MultiJet Fusion 3D printing technology challenges.
- Develop 3D printing products and processes using broad mechanical engineering concepts and research techniques:
- Conceptualize, design, prototype and validate 3D printer mechanical components that meet all types of requirements: functionality, usability, reliability, manufacturability…
- Support the integration of the mechanical components at system level, managing the interactions with electrical, firmware and writing system counterparts.
- Document designs and facilitate transition of product designs to full production
- Designs engineering solutions for 3D printer mechanical systems, including structural, dynamic systems, thermal, servo systems, fluidics and bulk powder management, based on established engineering principles and in accordance with development technology practices and guidelines.
- Collaborates and communicates with management, internal, and outsourced development partners regarding design status, project progress, and issue resolution
- Leads a project team of other mechanical hardware engineers and internal and outsourced development partners to develop reliable, cost effective and high quality solutions for moderately-complex products.
- Represents the mechanical team for all phases of larger and more-complex development projects.
- Provides guidance and mentoring to less-experienced staff members.
- Master's Degree in Mechanical Engineering with:
- Fluent in English.
- Solid Technical skills and soft skills.
- Ability to work within multidisciplinary and multicultural teams.
- Strong teamwork.
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Elizabeth focuses on the HP consumer experience, scaling best practices across premium consumer notebooks, testing products before public release, and crafting the compelling story of their design and performance for press workshops.
Back to top