3D Printing R&D Firmware Engineer
The HP Barcelona site is the worldwide headquarter for HP's Graphic Arts Business. It hosts the businesses of HP Large Format Printing and the newly created HP 3D printing, having the responsibility for the Research and Development (R&D), Marketing and Operations for them. Join a creative and dynamic R&D team working on leading edge printing technology!
The selected candidate will be part of a multi-disciplinary team located in Barcelona but with strong collaborations with international locations. This is an excellent opportunity to define and invent future products and technology working within HP and external partners worldwide.
Generic Roles and responsibilities:
- Designs limited enhancements, updates, and programming changes for portions and subsystems of firmware, including DSP, embedded code, EFI drivers, EFI applications and BIOS/UEFI
- Analyzes design and determines coding, programming, and integration activities required based on specific objectives and established project guidelines.
- Executes and writes portions of testing plans, protocols, and documentation for assigned portion of application; identifies and debugs issues with code and suggests changes or improvements.
- Participates as a member of project team of other firmware engineers and internal and outsourced development partners to develop reliable, cost effective and high quality solutions for assigned systems portion or subsystem.
- Collaborates and communicates with internal and outsourced development partners regarding firmware design status, project progress, and issue resolution.
- 3+ years of experience of product development or similar work on software quality.
- In-depth understanding of low-level real-time firmware development.
- In-depth understanding of modern operating systems, especially Linux.
- In-depth understanding of C++.
- Demonstrated ability to work with a group of peers.
- Demonstrated ability to make in-depth technical or business contributions working with other engineers.
- High level of initiative, with an ability to plan and manage tasks, ability to work collaboratively, both within and outside one's own group.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Quality and process oriented, capable of manage automated testing infrastructure and plan for improvements in Quality Assurance and Quality Control areas.
What do we offer:
You will be working from our main EMEA Headquarters in Sant Cugat (Barcelona), with worldwide responsibility regarding the R&D and business aspects of 3D and Large Format Printing. That is why we will make sure you enjoy a great work environment, amazing facilities and an innovative and technology focused atmosphere. Not only this, but as an HP employee, you will enjoy many different benefits, such as:
- Very flexible working schedule.
- Ticket restaurants and a big canteen with daily menu.
- Free parking and sports facilities at the Site.
- Private health and life insurance.
- Childcare provisions.
- Training and Development.
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Elizabeth focuses on the HP consumer experience, scaling best practices across premium consumer notebooks, testing products before public release, and crafting the compelling story of their design and performance for press workshops.
Back to top