3D Printing R&D Electronics Senior Engineer
The HP Barcelona site is the worldwide headquarter for HP's Graphic Arts Business. It hosts the businesses of HP Large Format Printing and the newly created HP 3D printing, having the responsibility for the Research and Development (R&D), Marketing and Operations for them. Join a creative and dynamic R&D team working on leading edge printing technology!
The selected candidate will be part of the 3D printing multi-disciplinary R&D team located in Barcelona but with strong collaborations with international locations. This is an excellent opportunity to define and invent the future of 3D printing technology working within HP and external partners worldwide.
We are looking for an R&D Electronics Engineer used to design electronics PCBAs to implement our HP Jet Fusion 3D printers.
- Identify and compile 3D printing design requirements for his/her electronics subsystem
- Select design alternatives based on analysis of requirements and specifications
- Collaborate with system architects and other disciplines to define 3D printer electrical subsystem architecture
- Own design, development and verification of 3D printer subsystem electronics
- Collaborate and communicate with management, internal and outsourced development partners, regarding design status, project progress and issue resolution
- Represent the electrical hardware team in different phases throughout the project lifecycle
- Leads a project team of other electrical hardware engineers to develop solutions for moderately-complex products.
- Document all the R&D designs and handover documentation to the production team
- Master's degree in Electrical / Electronics / Telecommunication engineering or equivalent.
- 4 years of verifiable experience in Digital or Analog Electronics circuit definition, design, manufacturing and testing
- Experience with simulation tools: PSpice, Matlab, Simulink, PSIM
- Cadence Allegro Design Entry schematics capture and PCB layout (or equivalent tool)
- Experience leading electronics subsystem development
- Microcontroller-based systems design including low level control algorithms definition
- Software programming languages such as C/C++
- Strong analytical decision making and problem solving skills
- High level of initiative with an ability to plan and manage tasks autonomously
- Ability to work collaboratively, both within and outside one's own group
- Open minded to quickly adapt his/her strategy to changing environments with fuzzy specifications
- Ability to effectively communicate product architectures, design proposals and negotiate options at management levels
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; mastery in English and local language
- FPGA / GPU / DSP system design and/or programming
- Power electronics circuit design (power supplies, motor drivers, …)
- High speed protocols such as PCI-express, DDR3, Ethernet, USB, SATA, eMMC
- Hardware description languages such as Verilog or VHDL
- Design for Regulatory compliance according to worldwide regulations (EMC, Safety, Stewardship…)
- High volume manufacturing processes and design for manufacturing guidelines
- Design for Functionality, Usability, Reliability, Performance and Supportability
HP offers to you
- An interesting full-time job in the HP 3D printing R&D Centre in Barcelona, Spain
- Opportunity to work in an international organization with colleagues coming from all over the world
- Permanent Contract
- Diverse internal growth and career opportunities
- Salary customized to experience and education, plus rewards depending on yearly performance
- An attractive package of benefits: flexible work schedule, private health insurance, life insurance, childcare provisions, lunch at reduced prices in the company restaurant, on-site sport facilities and activities, free daily snack, discount on HP products.
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Elizabeth focuses on the HP consumer experience, scaling best practices across premium consumer notebooks, testing products before public release, and crafting the compelling story of their design and performance for press workshops.
Back to top