3D Printing Integration Engineer
At HP, we believe in the power of ideas. We use ideas to put technology to work for everyone. And we believe that ideas thrive best in a culture of teamwork. That is why everyone – at every level, in every function – is encouraged to have original ideas, to express them and to share them. We trust anything can be achieved if you really believe in it, and we invest in our employees' ideas to change lives and the way people work. Everyone is valued for the unique skills, experiences and perspectives they bring. With Multi Jet Fusion, we're launching a unique technology that will disrupt the market and open a new world in the 3D printing industry, and we have an exciting opportunity to become part of this effort.
Works as part of the fluids and systems integration team to support HP Multi Jet fusion with particular focus on developing and integrating fluids and powders into new product developments. Works closely with chemists, material scientists and system engineers to ensure fluid/material/hardware systems interact seamlessly to deliver high quality 3D printed parts. Applies advanced subject matter knowledge to help solve complex technology issues. May act as a team or project leader providing direction to team activities and facilitates information validation and team decision making process.
- Designs engineering solutions for chemical- based processes, technologies, and formulations for product design and manufacturing based on established chemistry and engineering principles and in accordance with development technology practices and guidelines.
- Develops and tests 3D printing recipes, interprets results and develops insights leading to improved solutions.
- Leads issue diagnosis and problem-solving activities.
- Collaborates and communicates with management, internal and outsourced research and development partners regarding design status, project progress, and issue resolution.
Bachelor's (undergraduate) or higher degree in Chemistry, Engineering, Materials Science or similar. PhD qualification desirable.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong technical skills
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to present data and results clearly and concisely in multiple forms (oral presentation, technical reports, internal publications)
- Excited about technology and has the desire to learn new things
- Able to work independently as well as part of a team
- Experience working or researching in multi- or cross-disciplinary teams desired
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Elizabeth focuses on the HP consumer experience, scaling best practices across premium consumer notebooks, testing products before public release, and crafting the compelling story of their design and performance for press workshops.
Back to top