3D Printing Graduate Technology Consultant
This is a unique opportunity to join the HP 3D Multi-Jet Fusion WW Business Unit and have full exposure to one of the most exciting technologies and innovative business at HP Inc. You will be part of the HP 3D Printing Commercial Development and Expansion Organization.
This is a customer-facing role that will be responsible for creating trusted relationships with strategic customers that will help HP develop the next generation of 3D printers. This person will translate the technical requirements for the customers into program addressable goals. This person will be driving the adoption of HP 3D printing technologies into scaled manufacturing and supply chain. Together with the rest of the 3DP Customer and Market Development organization, the selected candidate will work to influence the roadmap of HW, SW, services and materials both for HP and our partners to advance the state-of-the art in manufacturing.
For this role we are seeking leaders with an unique combination of customer focus, technical knowledge, strong project management and communications skills. Manufacturing and vertical expertise will be valued. The ideal candidate is a doer, with strong technical background and customer focus and a networker by nature. This person will be the bridge between the customer requirements and the technical specs for R&D. Since this role will support multiple verticals, we are less concerned with deep industry knowledge (though this is a big plus) and more focused on the ability to learn quickly and identify critical factors of consideration for the solution definition and be able to influence the different parts of the organization to make it happen.
• Connect and develop strong trusted relationships with key customers to validate the new product definition and performance before product introduction.
• Listen to customer known and unknown needs and translate them into relevant information for R&D and marketing departments
• Organize and host professionally customer feedback sessions both at HP premises and at customer sites
• Formally share customer learnings with the rest of organization (webinars, CITA...)
• As trusted advisor that creates and maintains effective customer relationships so as to insure customer satisfaction.
• Maintain knowledge of leading edge technologies and industry/market domain knowledge.
• Actively contribute to HP's solutions portfolio by providing information ranging from technical knowledge to methodologies based on experience gained from customer projects.
• Shape technical direction and technical strategies within the organization and for external customers.
• Contribute to organization's profitability by generating and cultivating new business opportunities and by providing technical support for deal proposal development for other organizations.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor's or Master's degree in Engineering or Computer Science is a must. Additional degree in Marketing or MBA a big plus.
• Minimum 8 years experience . Mix of technical and customer facing roles is a plus
Knowledge and Skills
• Demonstrated expertise in at least two of the following areas: new product development, manufacturing, supply chain, process characterization, quality, mechanical part design and materials.
• Proven extensive abilities involving leadership, strategic and creative thinking, problem solving, and individual initiative
• Ability to lead without a title and influence others at different levels of the organization
• Strong partnership & networking capabilities. Able to manage complex relationships at both strategic and tactical level
• Demonstrated business acumen, understanding of organizational strategy, and successful experience managing all aspects of cross-business unit program, including communicating with internal and external stakeholders and directing matrixed team and resources
• Ability to effectively communicate solutions, design proposals and negotiate options at management and senior technical levels.
• Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
• Excellent project management skills. PMP and Black Belt certification a plus.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills; mastery in English and local language.
• Knowledge about 3D printing market, applications and technologies is a big plus.
• Knowledge about customer needs in different verticals such as automotive, aerospace and healthcare is a big plus
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Research Engineer, HP Labs
Alex conducts in-depth research and experimentation for various HP departments, allowing the company to create consumer-worthy products that disrupt the industry and change lives around the world.
Back to top