3D Print Application Engineer (Plastics)
This is a unique opportunity to join and be part of the HP 3D Additive Manufacturing Printing Business Unit and have full exposure to one of the most exciting technologies and innovative business at HP Inc.
This is a technical and customer-facing role that will be responsible for helping drive the adoption of HP 3D printing technologies into the multiple markets. For this role we are seeking leaders with a unique combination of plastics engineering experience, injection molding and 3D design. The ability to build relationships is extremely important. The ideal candidate is a doer, technically strong and with high customer focus. This role will support all markets and initially focus on demonstrating post process solutions to meet our customer needs.
- Develop and demonstrate post process solutions that solve customer needs.
- Responsible for providing technical solutions to customer applications that allow rapid commercialization in all markets.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Plastics, Product Design or Materials Science is a must. Master's degree preferred.
- 5+ years plastics and design experience;
- Demonstrated expertise in at least two of the following areas: Design, Materials, 3D, and plastic engineering, injection molding part design;
- Demonstrated experience in design for additive manufacturing techniques and tools beneficial;
- Experience with Multi Jet Fusion technologies;
- Ability to effectively communicate solutions and interact with customers at all levels in the organization.
- Knowledge about customer needs in vertical market such as automotive, prosthetics and medical devices is a plus.
- Involvement with professional societies such as SPE, ASME with a proven ability to present at seminars and conferences.
- San Diego, CA
- 50% of the time
Back to top