3D NPI Engineer
The HP Barcelona site hosts the HP Multi Jet Fusion 3D Printers business, worldwide responsible for the Research and Development (R&D), Marketing and Operations of these products.
We are looking for a Product Engineer for the Printing Systems of our 3D Printers. He/she will be in charge of some of the printer critical components and calibrations to ensure parts are printed with quality. Such as Printheads and its Servicing, Powder Fusing, Powder Temperature Control, Servo Cooling, Powder Layer Advance or final tests of the integrated printer.
The selected candidate will be part of the Operations team for 3D New Products Industrialiation (NPI), located in Sant Cugat del Vallés (Barcelona). He/she will partner with R&D and NPI Supply Chain groups to successfully introduce new 3D products into world-wide production. He/she will:
- Actively participate in the New Products Design phase working closely with R&D to ensure product design is optimal from Operations perspective (manufacturability, serviceability and cost).
- Drive definition and development of product critical manufacturing tools, test and calibrations from early prototype stages to volume production at Worlwide Manufacturing Partners (MPa), working closely with other HP organizations in Asia responsible for production management.
- Hold the engineering responsibility after production starts, and improve the product and tests to optimize product quality, cost and manufacturing efficiency.
New Product Development:
- Understand basic printing algorithms, solutions to compensate for mechanical tolerances, and other interactions of system parameters that could affect customer perception of part quality
- Provide continuous DFX feedback to R&D to ensure design enables product manufacturibility & serviceability goals.
- Specify, develop and qualify tools, tests and calibrations required in manufacturing to validate functionality of printing system's core components and sensors
- Define and setup the Manufacturing System Test (MST) required at Factory to verify the integrated printer delivers parts with quality, reliability and throughput.
- Collaborate with the RnD, Quality and Customer Assurance teams to develop relevant part quality metrics/goals to meet customer expectations for the different 3D printing applications.
- Support prototype builds to develop and qualify product design and manufacturing processes.
Product launch and support post-launch
- Support production ramp fastly resolving any product quality or yield problem for successful launch.
- Drive product improvements for best in class cost, manufacturability, performance and reliability.
- Monitor field failures and Customer elevations to rapidly fix any product or process missperformance.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Mechanical, Electrical or Computer Science related engineering discipline.
- 2-6 years of experience in complex products development or production within Operations, RnD or Quality.
- Preferable knowledge: image processing and/or sensors and/or fluids/powder/heat/cooling systems.
- Familiar with DOE, data/statistical analysis, mathematical modeling and quality assurance techniques.
- Basic Programming skills (TCL, C, Phyton…).
- Experience in 3D Printing or Inkjet Writing Systems/Printheads Servicing is highly valued.
Skills and Competencies
- Good analytical and problem solving skills for technically complex issues.
- Strong project management skills to coordinate own and others work
- Strong drive to make things happens. Able to make decisions taking thoughtful risks
- Able to influence on stakeholders to get alignment towards common goals
- Able to work collaboratively with teams from other disciplines, cultures and worldwide organizations.
- Excellent in communication. Fluent spoken and written English.
- Eager to learn. Proactive, self-motivated and positive.
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Elizabeth focuses on the HP consumer experience, scaling best practices across premium consumer notebooks, testing products before public release, and crafting the compelling story of their design and performance for press workshops.
Back to top