3D Mechanical Engineer Intern
At HP, talent is our criteria. Join us in reinventing the standard for diversity and inclusion. Bring your awesomeness, and just be you!
Applies basic foundation of a function's principles, theories and concepts to assignments of limited scope. Uses professional concepts and theoretical knowledge acquired through specialized training, education or previous experience. Develops expertise and practical knowledge of applications within business environment. Acts as team member by providing information, analysis and recommendations in support of team efforts. Exercises independent judgment within defined parameters.
- Designs portions of engineering solutions for mechanical and thermal hardware, electronics enclosures, and production tooling based on established engineering principles and in accordance with provided specifications and requirements.
- Implements established test plans for existing designs, including validation of tolerances, form/fit/function, shock and vibration, electromagnetic interference, safety, reliability, developing fan curves, system power measurements & acoustics.
- Develops understanding of and relationship with internal and outsourced development partners on mechanical and thermal design and development.
- Participates as a member of project team of other mechanical hardware engineers and internal and outsourced development partners to develop reliable, cost effective and high quality solutions for low to moderately- complex products.
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- Typically 0-2 years experience
Knowledge and Skills:
- Experience or understanding of ProEngineer or other 3D CAD software as a mechanical design tool.
- Good analytical and problem solving skills.
- Understanding of design for sheet metal and plastic parts and associated production tooling and processes.
- Understanding of thermal properties of materials and heat transfer.
- Good written and verbal communication skills; mastery in English and local language.
Back to top