3D Junior Applications Engineer
Applies basic foundation of a function's principles, theories and concepts to assignments of limited scope. Uses professional concepts and theoretical knowledge acquired through specialized training, education or previous experience. Develops expertise and practical knowledge of applications within business environment. Acts as team member by providing information, analysis and recommendations in support of team efforts. Exercises independent judgment within defined parameters.
- Codes and programs enhancements, updates, and changes for portions and subsystems of firmware, including DSP, embedded code, EFI drivers, EFI applications and BIOS/UEFI.
- Executes established test plans and protocols for assigned portions of code; identifies, logs, and debugs assigned issues.
- Develops understanding of and relationship with internal and outsourced development partners on firmware design and development.
- Participates as a member of project team of other firmware engineers and internal and outsourced development partners to develop reliable, cost effective and high quality solutions for low to moderately-complex products.
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent.
- Typically 0-2 years experience.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Experience or understanding of firmware design tools and languages.
- Good analytical and problem solving skills.
- Understanding of firmware and hardware design principles.
- Understanding of basic testing, coding, and debugging procedures.
- Good written and verbal communication skills; mastery in English and local language.
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Elizabeth focuses on the HP consumer experience, scaling best practices across premium consumer notebooks, testing products before public release, and crafting the compelling story of their design and performance for press workshops.
Back to top