3D Fluids PhD Chemist Intern
At HP, we believe in the power of ideas. We use ideas to put technology to work for everyone. And we believe that ideas thrive best in a culture of teamwork. That is why everyone – at every level in every function – is encouraged to have original ideas, to express them and to share them. We trust anything can be achieved if you really believe in it, and we invest in our employees' ideas to change lives and the way people work. Everyone is valued for the unique skills, experiences and perspectives they bring. With Multi-Jet Fusion, we're launching a unique technology that will disrupt the market and open a new world in the 3D printing industry and we have an exciting opportunity to become part of this effort.
3D Fluids Chemist PhD candidate Intern position
- Works with and under the guidance of the existing team to develop and test innovative chemistries to support HP Multi-Jet Fusion 3D printers.
- Applies advanced subject matter knowledge to help solve complex technology issues.
- Under the guidance of HP Chemists, designs, tests and delivers technical solutions for chemical- based processes, technologies, and formulations for product design and manufacturing. Work will be based on established chemistry and engineering principles, and performed in accordance with HP technology development practices and guidelines.
- Develops and implements chemical process and operating equipment specifications, chemical formulations, and test plans for new and existing products; assists manufacturing partners with issue diagnosis and problem-solving.
- Collaborates and communicates with management, internal, and potentially outsourced research and development partners regarding technical information, project progress, and issue resolution.
- Works within a team of other chemists and chemical engineers, in addition to internal and outsourced research and development partners to develop reliable, cost-effective, and high quality solutions for Multi-Jet Fusion products.
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor's, Master's in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, or equivalent.
- Currently enrolled in a PhD program in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, or equivalent.
Desired Knowledge and Skills:
- Experience with and understanding of chemistry concepts, practices, and laboratory procedures.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Technical expertise in one or more of the following fields: Physical Chemistry, Colloidal Science, Surface Science, Organic Chemistry, Polymer Chemistry, Materials Chemistry.
- Understanding and experience in experimental setup and design.
- Defining and performing chemical and process analysis with respect to evaluation of experiment outcome.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; mastery in English.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office software suite, Excel and PowerPoint in particular.
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Elizabeth focuses on the HP consumer experience, scaling best practices across premium consumer notebooks, testing products before public release, and crafting the compelling story of their design and performance for press workshops.
Back to top