Senior Research Technician
- Boston, MA
The Howard Hughes Medical Institute is seeking a highly motivated senior-level technician to join Dr. Norbert Perrimon's group at Harvard Medical School. The successful candidate will be responsible for performing molecular biology, cell culture, protein purification, and/or related techniques as part of an overall research program focused on new technology and resource development (e.g. CRISPR technologies, cell-based assays, protein-based studies). The job requires performing independent work that is coordinated with a larger research team. Although most time will be dedicated to hands-on activities, duties will also include quality assessment (e.g. submission of samples for Sanger sequencing, sequence data analysis) and data entry (e.g. entry of data into a laboratory information management system, preparing of progress updates).
Howard Hughes Medical Institute (HHMI) is a science philanthropy whose mission is to advance biomedical research and science education for the benefit of humanity. We empower exceptional scientists and students to pursue fundamental questions about living systems, and work to share scientific discoveries with researchers, students, and science-curious individuals around the world.
Founded in 1953 by aviator and industrialist Howard R. Hughes, HHMI is headquartered in Chevy Chase, Maryland, and employs more than 2,500 people across the U.S. Visit hhmi.org/careers to learn more about working at HHMI.
- Molecular biology, cell culture, protein purification, or related activities
- Quality assessment (e.g. sequence data analysis) related to the above wet-bench activities, including data entry into lab management systems and progress updates
- Development of new workflows, testing of new instruments or technologies, attendance at scientific presentations with a focus on technology, and related technology development or assessment
- Maintain precise records of work
- Work efficiently and cooperatively with a team of researchers
- Opportunity to contribute to research projects
- S. in related field, Ph.D. preferred
- Experience with cell culture including transfection with plasmids or small RNAs, experience with multiple DNA cloning technologies (Gateway, InFusion, Gibson, etc.)
- Experience with protein purification
- Excellent organizational skills
- Detail oriented
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to communicate clearly on progress made on specific projects
- Ability identify changes in a wet-bench workflow that would improve efficiency and/or quality
For more information about our work, please go to:
Please include cover letter, CV, and three letters of reference. No phone calls please.
HHMI is an EOE
Back to top