Research Technician - Morrison Lab
The Howard Hughes Medical Institute has an opportunity for a Research Technician to join the laboratory of Dr. Sean Morrison, Investigator and director of the Children's Research Institute at UT Southwestern. We are seeking a highly organized and motivated individual for a research technician position in the Morrison Lab.
- Collect tissue samples in an organized manner from the mouse colony for DNA extraction
- Perform routine mouse genotyping assays and record genotyping data according to prescribed procedures with attention to detail and accuracy
- Develop new mouse genotyping assays by coordinating with post-doctoral fellows in the laboratory
- Prepare buffers and gels
- Monitor inventory of reagents and chemicals related to the genotyping needs.
- Interact with lab members to report genotyping results clearly and precisely and assure quality control
- Operate various laboratory equipment and apparatus to provide technical assistance to laboratory personnel as directed by lab/mouse colony manager
- Provide help with weaning and mouse colony management
- Bachelor's degree in biology, biomedicine, chemistry or related fields.
HHMI is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Back to top