Research Technician I
Howard Hughes Medical Institute (HHMI) is a science philanthropy whose mission is to advance biomedical research and science education for the benefit of humanity. We empower exceptional scientists and students to pursue fundamental questions about living systems, and work to share scientific discoveries with researchers, students, and science-curious individuals around the world. Founded in 1953 by aviator and industrialist Howard R. Hughes, HHMI is headquartered in Chevy Chase, Maryland, and employs more than 2,500 people across the U.S. Visit hhmi.org/careers to learn more about working at HHMI.
The laboratory of Tanya Paull, PhD, a Howard Hughes Medical Institute (HHMI) Investigator at The University of Texas in Austin, seeks a motivated Research Technician to support the daily operations of their dynamic research group.
- Coordinate day-to-day activity supporting efficient operation of the lab;
- Conduct assigned research tasks such as DNA cloning and cell culture;
- Orient lab personnel on lab safety, conduct, standards, and technical and administrative practices;
- Promote compliance with safety and lab procedures by all lab personnel;
- Attend regular laboratory meetings
- Perform experiments utilizing standard molecular biology and biochemistry techniques
- Master's degree in biological or health sciences; lab technician experience is desirable, but not essential;
- At least two years' experience with molecular biology techniques in a research lab are essential, human cell culture techniques also preferred but not required
HHMI is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Back to top