Research Technician I
Howard Hughes Medical Institute (HHMI) is a science philanthropy whose mission is to advance biomedical research and science education for the benefit of humanity. We empower exceptional scientists and students to pursue fundamental questions about living systems, and work to share scientific discoveries with researchers, students, and science-curious individuals around the world.
Founded in 1953 by aviator and industrialist Howard R. Hughes, HHMI is headquartered in Chevy Chase, Maryland, and employs more than 2500 people across the U.S. Visit hhmi.org/careers to learn more about working at HHMI.
This individual will work as part of a highly talented team of molecular, cell, and developmental biologists at Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center seeking an understanding of how cells navigate through the body during development, and how defects in this process lead to developmental disorders. They will assist investigators in research activities and contribute to research in developmental and molecular biology by performing a variety of techniques, including molecular biology, live imaging, genetics, biochemistry, and using cutting-edge computational methods for image analysis.
- Molecular biology approaches including cloning and experiments with DNA, RNA, and proteins.
- Cell and tissue biological approaches including immunohistochemistry of embryos.
- Fixed and live imaging of developing embryos using confocal microscopy and custom image analysis software.
- Assisting in the maintenance of a transgenic mouse colony including animal husbandry, genotyping, and database maintenance.
- General lab management and accurate documentation and maintenance of large data files.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Biology, Biochemistry, Physics, Engineering, Computer Science, or related science.
- A minimum of one year of undergraduate research experience is required.
- Attention to detail, ability to record and manage large data files, and ability to coordinate assignments on a day-to-day basis.
- Contact information for three references should be provided.
HHMI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Back to top