The Howard Hughes Medical Institute has an opening for a Research Technician to join the laboratory of Dr. Craig Mello at University of Massachusetts Medical Center. This position offers opportunities for career development. The technician will be involved in on-going research projects in RNA interference, Crispr/CAS9, and Developmental biology. The opportunity may exist to design and execute independent experiments which could lead to publication. Visit our website: https://www.umassmed.edu/mellolab/
About HHMI Howard Hughes Medical Institute (HHMI) is a science philanthropy whose mission is to advance biomedical research and science education for the benefit of humanity. We empower exceptional scientists and students to pursue fundamental questions about living systems, and work to share scientific discoveries with researchers, students, and science-curious individuals around the world.
Founded in 1953 by aviator and industrialist Howard R. Hughes, HHMI is headquartered in Chevy Chase, Maryland, and employs more than 2,500 people across the U.S. Visit hhmi.org/careers to learn more about working at HHMI.
- Assist Postdoctoral fellows and graduate students with research projects
- Perform technical procedures such as PCR, gel electrophoresis, and molecular biology
- Help with media preparation and maintenance of lab C. elegans strains
- Actively contribute to laboratory meetings and planning sessions
- Collect and analyze data
- Prepare general lab stocks and assist with lab maintenance
- Bachelor's Degree in a related scientific discipline
- Prefer a minimum of two years' experience in a laboratory setting with experience in molecular biology and C. elegans
- Able to work independently and as a team member
- Good communication skills
- Highly motivated and energetic
Apply for this position through our applicant tracking system and please include a cover letter, CV or resume, and names and contact information for three references.
HHMI is an EOE
Back to top