- New York, NY
Howard Hughes Medical Institute (HHMI) is a science philanthropy whose mission is to advance biomedical research and science education for the benefit of humanity. We empower exceptional scientists and students to pursue fundamental questions about living systems, and work to share scientific discoveries with researchers, students, and science-curious individuals around the world. Founded in 1953 by aviator and industrialist Howard R. Hughes, HHMI is headquartered in Chevy Chase, Maryland, and employs more than 2500 people across the U.S.
We are currently seeking a Research Technician to join a research lab at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center in New York, NY. This individual will work as part of a highly talented team of molecular, cell, and developmental biologists who are seeking an understanding of how cells navigate through the body during development, and how defects in this process lead to developmental disorders. The lab focuses on research in developmental and molecular biology by performing a variety of techniques - including molecular biology, live imaging, genetics, biochemistry, and using cutting-edge computational methods for image analysis.
- Utilize molecular biology approaches including cloning and experiments with DNA, RNA, and proteins to support the science of the lab.
- Apply cell and tissue biological approaches including analysis of embryos by immunofluorescence.
- Conduct fixed and live imaging of developing embryos using confocal microscopy and custom image analysis software.
- Assist in the maintenance of a transgenic mouse colony including animal husbandry, genotyping, and database maintenance.
- General lab organization including accurate documentation and recording/maintenance of large data files.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Biology, Biochemistry, Physics, Engineering, Computer Science, or related field.
- A minimum of one year of undergraduate research experience is required.
- Ability to coordinate complex assignments on a day-to-day basis.
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented, and able to perform complex tasks effectively and
independently with general instruction
- Ability to follow instruction with an eagerness to learn and grow professionally.
- Current GPA and contact information for three references are required.
When submitting your application, please include contact information for three professional references
HHMI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Back to top