Procurement Commodity Lead
HHMI is widely recognized as an innovative national philanthropy, the world's foremost medical research organization, a leading light in science education and a top institutional investor.
HHMI has achieved its leadership role by aligning our mission with our vision, capitalizing on change, encouraging risk taking, and fostering innovation. At HHMI, you are not just an employee - you are part of a creative and talented team with colleagues whose expertise ranges across a multitude of areas.
We are currently looking for two (2) Procurement Commodity Leads to manage the supplier relationship for assigned commodity groups across all of HHMI. In this role, you will work with HHMI customers to develop requirements and business cases as needed, analyzing spend and related information, determining a supplier relationship plan, assembling the cross functional team, managing the competitive sourcing process, administration of final agreement, and managing suppliers through periodic formal reviews.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Act as functional/technical expert for the procurement commodity function.
- Develop and maintain detailed knowledge of all commodities through constant research of industry offerings and trends.
- Support primary service partner in addressing their customer's needs to ensure they have adequate support in developing technical requirements.
- Evaluates spend by cost center and commodity to recommend new contracting partners. Negotiates and re-negotiates contract terms, coordinating with the Office of General Counsel where appropriate.
- Manage the competitive sourcing process from start to finish, coordinating with the Office of General Counsel where appropriate, ensuring it is conducted in a fair, competitive and consistent manner.
- Manage requests to add/change/inactivate suppliers and supplier data (including non-employee individuals for expense reimbursement) in Workday, reviewing the need, accessing information about existing suppliers and providing the end-user alternative options before adding new trade suppliers.
- Work with supplier relationship manager and buyers to set up administrative support for new or revised online catalogs and associated contracts.
- Develop communication plans to announce contract award and implement the contract, including the explanation of "ordering" processes for all HHMI customers.
- Manage the sourcing cycle to ensure all HHMI requirements are still valid and included in contract terms, and that the competitive process yields HHMI the best overall value in support of the given commodity.
Meet Some of Howard Hughes Medical Institute's Employees
Science Program Coordinator
Lucy supports the Hannah H. Gray Fellows Science Program—identifying, assisting, and granting awards to sets of scholars transitioning from post-doc work into their early career stages.
Back to top