HHMI is widely recognized as an innovative national philanthropy, the world's foremost medical research organization, a leading light in science education and a top institutional investor.
HHMI has achieved its leadership role by aligning our mission with our vision, capitalizing on change, encouraging risk taking, and fostering innovation. At HHMI, you are not just an employee - you are part of a creative and talented team with colleagues whose expertise ranges across a multitude of areas.
We are currently hiring two (2) Procurement Analysts at our Headquarters in Chevy, Chase, MD. This collaborative position will produce and maintain reports to assist the Supplier Relationship staff in effectively monitoring the performance of supplier contracts against the contract terms and conditions. The primary business objective for this position is to provide data insights and make recommendations, through use of judgment in evaluating data, that will further improve pricing and contract compliance. In addition to the duties detailed below, this position requires the need to embrace unique one-time projects with innovation and creativity. This position may often support multiple ongoing initiatives simultaneously in addition to the standard reporting duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops report specifications for procurement metrics.
- Assists with report inquiries from the field.
- Performs data analysis, evaluates data, makes recommendations and provides insights to both Commodity Lead and Procurement Service Partners.
- Develops standard queries to monitor supplier performance.
- Performs vendor research related to product comparisons and pricing data.
- Assists with administration and validation of the Oracle data warehouse.
- Responsible for editing and producing various procurement materials on the purchasing website.
- Develops spend analysis for science operations offices to demonstrate opportunities for increasing "on contract purchases" or for demonstrating lost opportunities based upon available contract pricing.
- Performs audit of commodity coding.
- Manages and maintains procurement website.
- Serves as backup for Procurement Service Partner and Procurement Commodity Lead, performing key duties as business needs require.
- Vendor maintenance back up, to include adding and updating vendor records.
- Interfaces with supplier enablement team to help resolve issues relating to Ariba Network suppliers when necessary.
- Responsible for monitoring the quality of commodity coding and resolving commodity coding discrepancies.
Meet Some of Howard Hughes Medical Institute's Employees
Science Program Coordinator
Lucy supports the Hannah H. Gray Fellows Science Program—identifying, assisting, and granting awards to sets of scholars transitioning from post-doc work into their early career stages.
Back to top