Primary Work Address: 2033 Valley Life Sciences Building, Berkeley, CA, 94720-3140
Current HHMI Employees, click here to apply via your Workday account.
We currently have an opening for a Postdoctoral Associate in the laboratory of Dr. Abby Dernburg at the University of California, Berkeley. The Dernburg lab investigates diverse aspects of meiotic chromosome dynamics, regulation, and function, primarily using the nematode C. elegans. The successful candidate will have an exciting opportunity to work with the investigator to develop and execute an innovative research program. More information about the Dernburg lab can be found here.
- Ph.D. in Biochemistry, Genetics, Cell Biology, Bioengineering, Biophysics, or aligned field, with a track record of publication in peer-reviewed journals.
Expertise in one or more of the following areas:
- Quantitative or in vivo imaging
- Polymer biophysics
- Chromosome conformation capture methods
- Computational analysis of chromatin landscapes or recombination
- Evolutionary biology
- Demonstrated ability to work independently
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
To apply, please send a single PDF file that includes the following:
1. A cover letter that describes your research and career goals, and your expertise or experience related to chromosome structure, function, or dynamics.
2. A curriculum vitae, including a publication list with a brief (2-3 sentence) description of your contributions to published work.
3. Names and contact information for 3-5 references.
Remaining in a normal seated or standing position for extended periods of time; reaching and grasping by extending hand(s) or arm(s); dexterity to manipulate objects with fingers, for example using a keyboard; communication skills using the spoken word; ability to see and hear within normal parameters; ability to move about workspace. The position requires mobility, including the ability to move materials weighing up to several pounds (such as a laptop computer or tablet).
Persons with disabilities may be able to perform the essential duties of this position with reasonable accommodation. Requests for reasonable accommodation will be evaluated on an individual basis.
This job description sets forth the job's principal duties, responsibilities, and requirements; it should not be construed as an exhaustive statement, however. Unless they begin with the word "may," the Essential Duties and Responsibilities described above are "essential functions" of the job, as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act.
HHMI is an Equal Opportunity Employer