Manager, Procurement Service Partner
HHMI is widely recognized as an innovative national philanthropy, the world's foremost medical research organization, a leading light in science education and a top institutional investor.
HHMI has achieved its leadership role by aligning our mission with our vision, capitalizing on change, encouraging risk taking, and fostering innovation. At HHMI, you are not just an employee - you are part of a creative and talented team with colleagues whose expertise ranges across a multitude of areas.
We're currently looking for a Manager, Procurement Service Partner to lead a team of Procurement Service Partners (PSP) who are responsible for purchasing goods and services across multiple research sites/laboratories. In this role, you will ensure every lab is getting the proper level of support for procurement processing and escalated problem resolution. You will provide input to the supplier management staff on supplier activity levels, proposed contract development, contract administration and supplier quality. This role will also answer supplier management staff questions on specific commodity items, suppliers or requirements for end users. The Manager will relay sourcing information to direct reports and collaborate with Business Systems team to resolve issues with system configuration, response and activity levels, including support of AN suppliers and catalogs. You will drive the achievement of Service Level Agreement (SLA) standards and ensure HHMI policies and procedures are followed in all aspects of procurement and Institute operation. To be successful in this role, you will maintain constructive collaborative relationships across procurement and Institute-wide operations, leveraging these relationships to ensure continual operational focus.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead assigned team members in the provision of consistent high quality services within targeted productivity, efficiency and accuracy metrics.
- Ensure all HHMI labs and department users are adequately supported during their normal business hours to meet or exceed SLA's by maintaining appropriate levels of staffing and flexible working schedules.
- Serve as primary procurement contact to the labs/departments for issues/questions. May resolve the question directly or refer to another PSP for resolution. If the issue is referred, "own" the final resolution with the lab or departmental contact.
- Advise laboratory and departmental staff on HHMI preferred suppliers and products. Promote the use of existing contracted suppliers and supplier catalogs available on P2P.
- Manage procurement requests and determine most effective means to procure the desired goods or services.
- Expedite orders and resolve issues when appropriate.
- Manage invoicing problems and ensure invoice reconciliation is resolved in a timely manner, working with Sourcing in the case of AN catalog suppliers and accounts payable for other transactions as necessary.
- Oversee pro-card purchases and reconcile statements.
- Resolve purchase order remaining obligations expeditiously.
- Negotiate pricing agreements with non-contract/catalog suppliers as necessary.
- Develop in depth knowledge of the goods and services procured at the Institute and the needs of assigned commodities.
- Provide input on the development of purchasing policy, procedures and guidelines.
- Analyze spending patterns for supported labs and coordinate with the supplier relationship group and PSP to help lab managers assess possible improvements or cost savings.
- Communicate and meet with designated laboratory and department members to inform of changes in HHMI's procurement policies and pro
- May perform other duties as assigned.
Meet Some of Howard Hughes Medical Institute's Employees
Science Program Coordinator
Lucy supports the Hannah H. Gray Fellows Science Program—identifying, assisting, and granting awards to sets of scholars transitioning from post-doc work into their early career stages.
Back to top