Manager, Organization Effectiveness & Change
Do you like the creativity of building things? Do you like the challenge of solving problems? Do you enjoy the iterative process of creating clarity amidst ambiguity? Are you motivated by doing work that matters with smart, fun people? If the answer is yes, please keep reading!
HHMI is seeking a Manager, Organization Effectiveness & Change to join a small, dynamic team focused on evolving HHMI's people processes as we move discovery science forward. The L&OD team is responsible for many cultural levers including learning and development, organizational design, employee engagement, performance and feedback, and change and adoption.
The Manager, Organization Effectiveness & Change will focus on building organizational effectiveness by increasing organizational health, performance, talent and change management capability throughout the Institute. The desired outcome is a healthy, talent-driven, change adept organization skilled at effectively managing small and large change efforts to advance our mission forward. The successful candidate will seamlessly operate at both the strategic and tactical level - adopting to our three unique environments, as well as provide "sleeves rolled up" support across initiatives, big and small. Must be able to quickly establish credibility by providing tangible value; navigate a complex, relationship-based, matrixed organization; and collaborate effectively to get work done through others.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Partner with the Director, L&OD and Chief, People & Culture to design a change management strategy and roadmap anchored in building process redesign and change management capability appropriately at multiple levels
- Design HHMI's change methodology and associated tools that can scale across small and large change ranging from self-service tools to multi-year, enterprise-wide change initiatives / efforts
- Create and lead an internal Change Management Community of Practice (COP) to foster change agency across the organization
- Partner with embedded change management practitioners with other areas focused on change management to ensure there is an Institute-wide view/calendar of change efforts to design a well-crafted employee experience across multiple efforts
- Partner with L&OD and People & Culture colleagues to embed change management capability building in key programs like learning, competency modeling, project team development, etc.
- Provide support to the Chief, People & Culture in Operations strategic planning efforts
- Design and manage institute-wide performance, development and feedback programs inclusive of leveraging solutions (technical or otherwise) to further the sophistication of HHMI's ability to make data-drive people decisions
- Manage organization-wide competencies in partnership with Korn Ferry, embedding in performance, development and coaching, as well as through organization design and team effectiveness
- Design and facilitate team effectiveness plans and events to strengthen HHMI aspirations and competencies deep into departments, teams and with individuals
Meet Some of Howard Hughes Medical Institute's Employees
Science Program Coordinator
Lucy supports the Hannah H. Gray Fellows Science Program—identifying, assisting, and granting awards to sets of scholars transitioning from post-doc work into their early career stages.
Back to top