- Chevy Chase, MD
The Howard Hughes Medical Institute-HHMI-is an independent philanthropy that drives science forward by supporting biomedical scientists, educators, students, and schools with the potential to make transformative impact. HHMI believes in the power of people, not projects, to make discoveries that benefit all. HHMI-supported scientists have made major advances in understanding basic biology, disease, and other key scientific areas. So far, 29 current or former HHMI scientists have won the Nobel prize.
We are seeking an Investment Associate to join HHMI's investment office, which manages an endowment with net assets of more than $20 billion.
At our headquarters, we provide space for collaboration and interaction beyond your office - sunlit rooms, artwork, beautiful grounds, gyms with classes, snacks, and, of course, smart people and innovative work all around.
As an Investment Associate, you will support the management of the Institute's endowment. Responsibilities include supporting investment decision making in two broad areas: (1) markets and/or economic research and (2) investment strategy and manager evaluation. This is a generalist role; you will be expected to participate in the evaluation of investment opportunities across all major asset classes including global public markets, hedge funds, real assets and private equity.
The Associate will support investment decision making in:
- Assessing attractiveness of global markets and investment strategies
- Manager identification, evaluation and diligence across multiple asset classes including public equities, hedge funds, real assets, private equity
- Monitoring and re-underwriting existing investments
- Review of direct co-investment opportunities and special projects
- Asset allocation and risk management
- Preparation of internal and investment committee reports for discussion
- Promoting the development of new ideas, areas of research, and methods of investing
Back to top