The Howard Hughes Medical Institute (HHMI), an innovative national philanthropy devoted to biomedical research located in Chevy Chase, MD, is seeking an Investment Analyst to support the management of its $19 billion endowment. The Analyst will support investment decision making in two broad areas: (1) evaluation of investment strategies and managers and (2) markets and/or economic research. This is a generalist role; analysts are expected to participate in the evaluation of investment opportunities across all major asset classes including global public markets, hedge funds, real assets and private equity.
The Analyst will support investment decision making in:
- Assessing attractiveness of global markets and investment strategies
- Manager identification, evaluation and diligence across multiple asset classes including public equities, hedge funds, real assets, private equity
- Monitoring and re-underwriting existing investments
- Review of direct co-investment opportunities and special projects
- Preparation of internal and investment committee reports for discussion
- Asset allocation and risk management
- Promoting the development of new ideas, areas of research, and methods of investing
Meet Some of Howard Hughes Medical Institute's Employees
Science Program Coordinator
Lucy supports the Hannah H. Gray Fellows Science Program—identifying, assisting, and granting awards to sets of scholars transitioning from post-doc work into their early career stages.
Back to top