The Howard Hughes Medical Institute-HHMI-is an independent philanthropy that drives science forward by supporting biomedical scientists, educators, students, and schools with the potential to make transformative impact. HHMI believes in the power of people, not projects, to make discoveries that benefit all. HHMI-supported scientists have made major advances in understanding basic biology, disease, and other key scientific areas. So far, 29 current or former HHMI scientists have won the Nobel prize.
We are seeking a Change Manager to oversee technical change management practices and techniques for the Business Solutions department at our Headquarters in Chevy Chase, Maryland.
At our headquarters, we provide space for collaboration and interaction beyond your office - sunlit rooms, artwork, beautiful grounds, gyms with classes, snacks, and, of course, smart people and innovative work all around.
In the role of Change Manager, you will be responsible for creating, documenting and embedding industry-leading change management practices and techniques into Business Solutions team projects and activities. Working across the Business Solution Capability Teams, you will provide change management guidance and training, and be responsible for larger institutional-level system change initiatives by leading the change methodology and developing materials (including communication and training) to ensure projects meet key operational objectives including advancement of employee adoption and use.
- Continual evaluation of internal and external change management strategies and plans.
- Take lead in coaching, advising and training change management practices.
- Create and manage actionable deliverables for large technology-based change management initiatives (e.g., stakeholder analysis, sponsor roadmap, communications plan, training plan, resistance management plan).
- Lead and develop technical / system training programs and skills workshops to include learning objectives, communication strategies, train-the-trainer and participant materials, assessments, exercises, and evaluation of training effectiveness.
- Facilitate continuing awareness around major change initiatives.
- Participate in HHMI's Change Management Community of Practice.
- Take-on and lead institutional-level change management initiatives as assigned.
Education / Experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required.
- Ten-plus years related experience.
- Prosci certification preferred; change management certification or designation desired.
- Experience and knowledge of change management principles, methodologies and tools.
- Experience working in virtual teams across matrix organizations.
- Advanced skills with using presentation software packages (PowerPoint preferred)
Skills / Abilities
- Able to work effectively at all levels in an organization.
- Exceptional communication skills - both written and verbal.
- Ability to influence others and move toward a common vision or goal.
- Acute business acumen and understanding of organizational issues and challenges.
- Ability to lead initiatives and coach others in the use of change management practices and techniques
- A solid understanding of how people go through a change and the change process; experience with Prosci ADKARModel is a plus.
- Ability to lead without formal authority.
HHMI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Back to top