Change, Communication and Training Lead
HHMI is widely recognized as an innovative national philanthropy, the world's foremost medical research organization, a leading light in science education and a top institutional investor.
HHMI has achieved its leadership role by aligning our mission with our vision, capitalizing on change, encouraging risk taking, and fostering innovation. At HHMI, you are not just an employee - you are part of a creative and talented team with colleagues whose expertise ranges across a multitude of areas.
The Change, Communication, and Training (CCT) Lead will play a key role in ensuring change initiatives meet objectives on time and on budget by increasing employee adoption and usage. This role is responsible for change and adoption of our collaboration tools in the Collaboration Capabilities team under Business Solutions. This role is responsible for the successful training and adoption of HHMI technology, with a focus on the collaboration toolsets. Responsible for developing and maintaining activities, participate in the creating and maintaining training materials, vendor management and identifying additional training opportunities. The role of the CCT Lead will create conditions for a smooth transition to changes with least resistance from the employees and maximum enthusiasm to adapt to the change. The impact on the organization is to increase benefit realization, value creation, ROI and the achievement of results and outcomes.
- Create actionable deliverables for Collaboration Capabilities team (e.g., communications plan, sponsor roadmap, coaching plan, training plan, resistance management plan)
- Identify, analyze, prepare risk mitigation tactics and anticipated resistance
- Define and measure success metrics and monitor change progress
- Assess change impacts, as applicable
- Complete change management assessments, as applicable
- Consult and coach project teams
- Support integration of change management activities into initiative / program specific project plans
- In partnership with the L&OD team, procure 3rd party vendors as needed (i.e. for end user training)
- Lead and coordinate communication, training and leadership engagement efforts across departments (Comms, L&OD, other Change Management experts)
- Facilitates and develops technical / system training programs and skills workshops to include learning objectives, communication strategies, train-the-trainer and participant materials, assessments, exercises, and evaluation of training effectiveness.
- Continual evaluation of internally and externally facilitated technical / system training activities, workshops and conferences and report on the return on investment in terms of costs, learning's gained, strategies to reinforce learning and share knowledge with organization, as appropriate.
- Actively facilitate continuing awareness around Collaboration Capabilities applications like Office 365 to connect and grow user communities by sharing information (news, tips, upgrades, etc.), highlighting use cases and success stories, and encouraging online conversations.
Meet Some of Howard Hughes Medical Institute's Employees
Science Program Coordinator
Lucy supports the Hannah H. Gray Fellows Science Program—identifying, assisting, and granting awards to sets of scholars transitioning from post-doc work into their early career stages.
Back to top