Swedish Staff Writer
Swedish Editor to houzz.se
Top candidates have a passion for interiors and Swedish design and are immaculate editors. They are used to sourcing, writing, editing, fact-checking and uploading copy on a daily basis, as well as dealing with a network of contributors. They love interiors and architecture, and are keen to explore the possibilities of online publishing within these areas.
- Form an editorial strategy together with the Editor-in-Chief to make Houzz the go-to website for homeowners in Sweden.
- Edit articles from staff and contributors, working with authors to revise content according to Houzz standards for accuracy, authority, relevance and readability.
- Produce a high volume of quality original content that Swedish readers will bookmark and share.
- Closely engage with the Danish editorial team as we work under one Nordic banner.
- Coach staff and freelance writers, working with them to evaluate and edit their articles for logic, flow, formatting, active voice and reader service.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Degree in Journalism, Communications, or the equivalent
- 5 years experience in editing and/or writing Swedish content for a home publication or website
- Exceptional attention to detail, grammar and logical story construction
- An eye for strong design photography
- A roll-up-your-sleeves, get-it-done attitude and friendly, outgoing personality
- Knowledge of effective online content distribution methods and social networking tools is preferred
Fluent Swedish, business level English required.
Back to top