Software Engineer, Commerce Pricing
We are looking for an entrepreneurial software engineer to join the team that powers the Houzz Products Marketplace. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity to define, build and scale an ecosystem that caters to a remodeling and design market worth $1.2 trillion in the U.S. and Europe alone.
You will play a critical role in the evolution of the pricing ecosystem that touches millions of products. You will work on solutions ranging from building internal tools & workflows to automatically determining prices for marketplace products, and enhancing user experiences related to pricing on site.
Required Skills & Experience
- Strong algorithmic skills
- Proficiency in full stack web-application development (LAMP stack)
- Proficiency with relational databases (MySQL, etc.)
- A desire to tackle different facets of pricing including user experience on product browse and search
- 3+ years experience
- Self-directed, independent and has experience owning complete features/products
Desired Skills & Experience
- Familiarity with NoSQL databases and Lucene/Solr a plus
- Prior experience working with pricing
- Ability to communicate across technical and non-technical groups
- B.S., M.S., or Ph.D. in Computer Science or equivalent
Back to top