Houzz is seeking extraordinary people to transform the home remodeling industry.
Located in downtown Palo Alto, we are revolutionizing the way people envision, design and build their homes. We are looking for a Quantitative Analyst to assist our growth initiatives with data driven insights. You will work with engineering, marketing, and editorial to analyze what drives user behavior and evaluate tests we are conducting. This work will include performing complex analysis over large data sets. With the open team structure at Houzz you will have the opportunity to work across many aspects of the business.
Define metrics that track engagement across various aspects of our site
Drive the performance of current and new product initiatives by leveraging appropriate statistical techniques and infrastructure
Build automated reports using internal tools for key metrics
Work with data infrastructure / back-end peers to define the data collection needs for future work
Required Skills & Experience
- Education in engineering or other quantitative discipline such as statistics. MS or PhD preferred.
- 2+ years experience with analytics for consumer web and/or mobile applications using user log data
- Experience analyzing online conversion funnels
- Excellent ability to distill and communicate findings
- Able to write complex SQL queries. You should feel comfortable using aggregate functions and all types of joins
- Experience with modern distributed data technologies (hadoop, hive, impala, teradata, etc)
- Understanding of A/B testing and experiment design
- Self-directed, independent and has experience owning initiatives end-to-end
Back to top