Houzz is seeking extraordinary people to transform the home remodeling industry.
Located in downtown Palo Alto, we are revolutionizing the way people envision, design, and build their homes. We are looking for a talented Product Designer who is passionate about solving complex problems and creating smart, beautiful, and polished products. If you are great at what you do, thrive in a highly collaborative environment, and don’t mind the occasional meeting in the bathroom (don’t worry, it’s just one of our conference rooms), we want to hear from you.
- Creating delightful and engaging user experiences that address business, brand, market, and user requirements
- Working with engineers to define web product features
- Designing user-centered interaction models, wireframes, screen-mockups, etc.
- Effectively communicating conceptual ideas and design rationale
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams to produce elegant, unique design solutions
- Juggling multiple projects while effectively managing timelines and expectations
- Minimum of 6 years of experience designing outstanding products
- Have good taste/strong visual design skills
- Solid understanding of interaction design patterns related to web and mobile design
- Note: This role is NOT appropriate for industrial engineering product design professionals.
- Experience producing high-quality visual designs, from concept to production
- Ability to prioritize and manage work in a fast- paced, interrupt-driven and ambiguous environment
- Must have a solid understanding of user-centered design principles, careful attention to detail, and be able to see the big picture
- Must have a strong portfolio featuring examples of visual, interaction or graphic design work
- A degree in Graphic Design, Human-Computer Interaction or related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience
Please be sure to upload your portfolio
Back to top