Motion Graphics Designer
Houzz is seeking extraordinary people to transform the home remodeling industry. Located in downtown Palo Alto, we are revolutionizing the way people envision, design and build their homes.
We are looking for a talented Motion Graphics Designer with excellent video editing, shooting and motion graphics skills who is passionate about solving complex problems and creating smart, beautiful, and polished videos. If you are great at what you do, thrive in a highly collaborative environment, and don’t mind the occasional meeting in the bathroom (don’t worry, it’s just one of our conference rooms), we want to hear from you.
- Create engaging and delightful videos that address business, brand, marketing, and user requirements
- Shoot, edit and post-produce video content for Houzz website, mobile apps and social media.
- Assist in defining strategy and goals for video creatives
- Effectively communicate conceptual ideas and design rationale
- Juggle multiple projects while effectively managing timelines and expectations
- Exercise strong attention to details and always striving for pixel-perfection
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams such as our product, marketing and experience teams to produce elegant videos and creatives
- 3+ years in motion design, editing and animation
- Must provide an online demo reel and a very strong portfolio showcasing previous work upon applying
- Extensive experience producing high-quality, pixel perfect designs, from concept to production
- Strong sense of typography, conceptual thinking, animation, motion, attention to details and ability to see the big picture
- Ability to prioritize and manage work in a fast- paced, interrupt-driven and ambiguous environment
- A degree in graphic design, motion graphics, interaction design, or equivalent related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Fluency with motion graphics and editing software including After Effects, Premiere, Illustrator and Photoshop and other design tools
Please be sure to upload your portfolio
Back to top