Mobile Product Designer
Houzz is seeking extraordinary people to transform the home remodeling industry. Located in downtown Palo Alto, we are revolutionizing the way people envision, design and build their homes.
We are looking for a talented Mobile Product Designer who is passionate about solving complex problems and creating smart, beautiful, and polished products. If you are great at what you do, thrive in a highly collaborative environment, and don’t mind the occasional meeting in the bathroom (don’t worry, it’s just one of our conference rooms), we want to hear from you.
- Create engaging and delightful user experiences that address business, brand, market, and user requirements
- Assist in defining product strategy and goals for mobile products
- Effectively communicate conceptual ideas and design rationale
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to produce elegant, unique design solutions
- Juggle multiple projects while effectively managing timelines and expectations
- Exercise strong attention to details and always striving for pixel-perfection
- Design simple and beautiful mobile experiences
- Demonstrate ability to collaborate, give and receive feedback while collaborating with designers and engineers
- 2-3 years designing experiences for mobile devices
- Very strong knowledge of mobile design patterns and guidelines for both Android and iOS
- Experience shipping successful products
- Extensive experience producing high-quality, pixel perfect designs, from concept to production
- Successful design of user-centered interaction models, wireframes, screen-mockups, prototypes etc.
- Ability to prioritize and manage work in a fast- paced, interrupt-driven and ambiguous environment
- Must have a solid understanding of user-centered design principles, careful attention to detail, and be able to see the big picture
- Must have a portfolio highlighting mobile design examples
- A degree in Human-Computer Interaction/Graphic Design or related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience
Please be sure to upload your portfolio
Back to top