Houzz Australia and New Zealand (ANZ) Editor
Houzz, the world’s leading platform for home renovation and design, is looking for an experienced Editor to join its ANZ team. This is a salaried, full-time position in Sydney, Australia.
Top candidates will have a knack for spotting timely home ideas and turning them into articles that inform, engage and entertain. They have top-notch writing, editing and coaching abilities, a deep well of creative story ideas, and a strong sense of reader service. They love the entrepreneurial, fast-paced culture of the web, interaction with an engaged online community, and being part of a fun and productive management team.
Houzz articles bring out the best new ideas in home and garden design and cover everything from fine architecture to kitchen design, gardening and landscape design,stylish DIY projects, international design, cost guides, pop culture and immersive video. You can see what we do at www.houzz.com.au/ideabooks.
Houzz ANZ Editor has:
- a strong background in home and design publishing, including reporting, editing, coaching and managing successful teams.
- a passion for residential design and an understanding of home and garden trends.
- a deep well of creative story ideas, and a strong sense of reader service and journalistic standards for excellence.
- the ability to lead people with varying backgrounds and talents toward common goals.
- a love for the entrepreneurial, fast-paced culture of the web.
- Recruit and train a diverse team of talented home and garden design journalists.
- Produce a high volume of quality original content that readers will bookmark and share.
- Develop a deep roster of regular contributors from the design community, home improvement professionals and home design writers and photographers.
- Work with U.S. and international counterparts to understand standards for quality and engagement.
- Identify local topics and design projects that will engage both our ANZ and our global audiences through editorial stories
- Recognise and localise global Houzz stories that will excite our audience in Australia & New Zealand
- Manage team budget and set and review goals for volume and growth
- Ability to work at our headquarters in Sydney
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Degree in Journalism, Communications, or the equivalent.
- 5+ years experience in editing content for a home publication or website, managing teams, and collaborating with other team leads.
- A track record of planning, writing and editing news and features with high engagement value.
- Top-notch recruiting, writing, editing and coaching abilities.
- Able to balance high goals for both quality and volume.
- Exceptional attention to detail, grammar and logical story construction.
- An eye for strong design photography.
- Familiarity with digital media, its technical aspects, and writing for the web.
- A roll-up-your-sleeves, get-it-done attitude and friendly, outgoing personality.
- Knowledge of effective online content distribution methods and social networking tools.
Back to top