Graphic Design Intern
Upgrade your career at one of the hottest startups in Silicon Valley! If you are great at what you do, thrive in a highly collaborative environment, and don’t mind the occasional meeting in the bathroom (don’t worry, it’s just one of our conference rooms), we want to hear from you.
Houzz is seeking extraordinary people to transform the home remodeling industry. Located in downtown Palo Alto, we are revolutionizing the way people envision, design and build their homes.
We are looking for a talented Graphic Design Intern who is passionate about solving complex problems and creating smart, beautiful, and polished products. This will be a 30-40 hour/week, 4-month temp position based in our Palo Alto office.
- As a Graphic Design Intern at Houzz, you will be responsible for:
- Creating web and/or visual design executions that address business, brand, market and user requirements
- Effectively communicating conceptual ideas and design rationale
- Collaborating with cross-functional, product-oriented teams to produce elegant design solutions
- Understanding and implementing user centered product designs
- Juggling multiple projects while effectively managing timelines and expectations
- We have a small, tightly knit design team, and are looking for candidates who are self-motivated and able to work both independently and in collaboration with a team. The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- A senior student graduating in 2015 OR a recent grad (2014) with a degree in Graphic Design, Human-Computer Interaction or related field
- Must have a strong portfolio featuring examples of graphic, visual or interaction design work. Proficient in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign (Mac Platform)
- Knowledge in Microsoft Word and PowerPoint and infographics
- Have strong visual skills with careful attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize and manage work to adhere to critical project timelines in a fast-paced ambiguous environment
- Experience working with cross-functional teams
Please be sure to upload your portfolio
Back to top