Experienced Buyer - European Markets
Join Houzz and help revolutionise the home decor industry by providing an integrated shopping experience where customers can find inspiration for their homes and buy products all in one place. As a buyer on the Marketplace team you will reach out to new vendors and develop strategic partnerships for the Houzz Marketplace (eCommerce).
We are seeking a talented and motivated experienced buyer to help expand our vendor portfolio and build out product selection across all main home decor categories. Based in London, this role would suit someone who has 5+ years of experience working in buying or merchandising role, with a focus on furniture and home and living products. Candidates should have an outgoing personality and a genuine interest in products and interiors, and like to establish relationships with external vendors and work with our buying team to prioritise brands and products to bring on board.
We need candidates covering multiple markets and are looking for applicants with native level fluency in French, German, Italian, Danish, Swedish, Spanish or English.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Identify brands/vendors that have exceptional products to be added to the Houzz Marketplace
- Prospect and reach out to leading home product brands and sellers and present the Houzz platform, community and Marketplace opportunity
- Cultivate strong relationships with vendors to maximize sales and ensure a superior experience for Houzz shoppers
- Ability to negotiate pricing and other partnership terms
- Analyse sales results and trends at a category/subcategory level
- Support product curation and selection by brand/category
- Secure vendor agreements
- Coach and develop more junior team members
- Build and foster relationships with vendors
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years of buying and/or merchandising
- Impeccable verbal and written communication, as well as strong presentation skills
- Experience prospecting vendor relationships or in sales roles
- A personable and energetic communicator, eager to build relationships with new business partners
- Passionate about brands and products and good knowledge about home design
- Experience with visual merchandising/product curating skills a plus
- Self-starter who has the ability to manage multiple responsibilities at one time and achieve target goals
- Accurate and thorough; doesn’t miss the details and doesn't drop the ball with vendors
- Verifiable track record of success working as part of a team and leading and coaching others
- Technically proficient in Excel, Google Docs, Gmail, PowerPoint, etc.
- Native level fluency in at least one of the following: English, French, German, Italian, Spanish, Swedish or Danish in addition to proficiency in business level English. Multiple language skills a plus.
- Start-up or E-commerce experience is a big plus
Please note: We only accept applications via this web portal. Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we will only be able to respond to applicants who are successful in progressing to the next stage.
Back to top