Email Marketing Manager/Director
Houzz, the revolutionary platform for residential remodeling and design, is looking for an email marketing expert to drive direct marketing initiatives that engage, retain and convert our users. This role will ensure ongoing campaigns including our magazine quality content, e-commerce sales and lifecycle drip campaigns utilize industry best practices and keep our users excited to hear from us. In this role you will not only help establish strategies but also keep close tabs on all running campaigns and work cross functionally to improve their performance.
- Drive strategy and execution of all email programs touching Houzz users.
- Work with Product and Brand marketers to develop communications that support lifecycle initiatives, product launches and feature adoption.
- Own the strategy for driving significant e-commerce sales through weekly emails
- Create and execute A/B tests on an ongoing basis to improve email performance.
- Provide guidance on email best practices during email development.
- Work with growth team to develop drip campaigns that increase new user retention.
- Test new and advanced advertising platforms and features with the ability to define, measure and identify successful tests and scale these programs
- Work closely with paid marketing team to create campaigns that re-engage and activate users acquired through paid channels
- Leverage our strong and authentic brand and incredible wealth of content to execute on content marketing strategies
Required Skills & Experience
- Minimum 4+ years of email marketing experience
- Minimum 2+ years e-commerce experience
- Expertise in data-driven marketing and customer segmentation. You prefer making decisions based on deep analysis and hate misleading/inaccurate data.
- Knowledge of email best practices including subject lines, messaging, segmentation, list management, deliverability and CAN-SPAM/anti-spam laws.
- Proven track record of creating campaigns that drive conversions and minimize churn
- Experience executing email campaigns that are a key driver of sales
- Great writing skills with a passion for great copy
- Highly analytical and creative at the same time; a balance of creative and analytical mindset and interest
- Detail oriented and strong communicator
- Advanced Excel skills required, SQL experience a plus
- Bachelors or masters degree in a quantitative field a plus
Back to top