Brand Ambassador / Community Evangelist (Marketing Associate)
Houzz is looking for people with passion to join the hottest tech and design startup in the world!
- Want to make a difference in the lives of small businesses?
- Have a passion for design and love to work in a design-oriented field?
- Do you enjoy traveling, meeting new people, and teaching?
- Are you someone who loves the spotlight and is comfortable speaking at events large and small?
Houzz has completely transformed the way that people build, remodel and decorate their homes - and that transformation extends to the talented group of home design professionals across the country who use Houzz as a mission-critical business tool.
We have an unparalleled passion for great home design and the amazing pros in our community who make dreams come true. In fields like architecture and landscape design to remodeling and interior design, our community of professionals knows that Houzz is synonymous with exceptional communication and education.
Imagine walking into a room of people who are eager to learn from you and who treat you like a celebrity! You will visit cities large and small, making new friends and contacts from Toronto to Topeka. It's not always easy, but you'll have Instagram-worthy adventures, and be part of an incredible team of ambassadors who feel great about what they do every day.
When you’re not traveling, you’ll be working on online education and webinars from the comfort of our amazing brand new office space in Palo Alto and soon-to-be-unveiled rooftop deck. You'll also be hanging out with our team and planning our next events - you're in control! Did we mention our team retreats and happy hours?
If you can bring the charisma and passion for people and good design, we'll teach you everything you need to know to succeed. Part of our interview process includes submitting a video, so be prepared to get on camera! Reports to our events manager.
Summary of Essential Job Functions
- Build and maintain relationships with local communities of industry professionals across the country.
- Online industry education -- you’ll schedule and host webinars for different communities and help develop new educational content
- Public speaking and event planning for groups of all sizes and experience levels - you can project your voice and articulate new ideas as an industry expert
- Prioritize, plan, and conduct engaging community education events.
- Share our passion with our amazing professional community
- Demonstrated ability to give presentations with high energy, clearly communicate ideas, and hold the attention of large groups, in addition to providing educational content online and through webinars
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field plus 2+ years relevant professional experience required (teaching, public speaking, community relations)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, comfort with Internet technology and social media
- Good sense of humor, patient, and happy to work with folks who are new to technology, along with an engaging present that can entertain as well as educate
- High level of attention to detail, flexibility, superior follow through, and the ability to embrace the unexpected with grace and maturity while working on a fast-paced team
- Passion for building and maintaining community relationships while letting your organizational skills shine through logistics and event planning
- A strategic team player, committed to developing better programs and events over time, quickly able to adapt and bring new ideas to the table
- Passion for travel (this position is at least 50% travel - you’ll likely be traveling for 2-3 weekdays every other week). [Note: this is not a work from home job - when not travelling. we’re a team-oriented group who collaborates in the office to plan our next events.]
- You've used Houzz, and understand why everyone you mention it to is obsessed with the app
Back to top